Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2016, 10:35 AM

51 posts, read 46,082 times

Advertisements

I just completed my BFA in Creative Writing for Entertainment (online) from Full Sail University. Now, I would like to get a degree in Fashion design. What are the best schools in Houston to achieve a degree in fashion Design. I'm a huge fan of fashion designers, fashion shows, and fashion models. I have a lot of knowledge about materials, designs, and cuts. I've read some suggestions on this site about University of Houston and Texas State University.

I don't want to go to HCC. I've been there several times (never stayed longer than 5 months). Horrible environment and location. Very abhorrent. This was many years before I attended Full Sail University. I'm an Alumni and attending HCC would be devolving. I had a passion for fashion every since my high school years, most my junior and senior years. I also have an interest in fashion modeling. But, I'm more interested in fashion design. I'm extremely interested and enthusiastic about futuristic fashion. I'm searching for schools that have fashion design programs, not fashion merchandising. I don't want a carer in marketing and sales, retail management, buying and promotions. I want the design process because I have ideas for the future; innovative ideas that would evolve fashion and take the industry to the future.

Last edited by jfuture1; 04-18-2016 at 11:26 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 10:53 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,983,572 times
Is funny the first time...you can't keep trolling with the same account.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:24 AM

Default Responding to rude post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
Is funny the first time...you can't keep trolling with the same account.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not a troll. I'm a working professional writer, a recently Full Sail University Grad (Alumni), and I have a huge passion and interest for fashion. I respect and understand high fashion. I respect and appreciate Haute Couture. I have innovative ideas for the fashion of the future. I know where fashion is headed and how it can evolve. What are you trying to accomplish by disrespecting my post?

I probably know more about fashion than you could imagine. I have a huge amount of respect for fashion of the past, which is why I'm greatly prepared for the future of fashion. Please, kindly step aside and allow the professional posters to reply educated responses.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:46 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,914,840 times
Is Full Sail U the "private out of state college" you attended, as mentioned in another thread?

Old 05-09-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas2010 View Post
Is Full Sail U the "private out of state college" you attended, as mentioned in another thread?
Yes. Why do you ask? Houston doesn't have any great universities or colleges, which is one of the reasons
why I attended Full Sail University.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:41 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,223,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuture1 View Post
Houston doesn't have any great universities or colleges

Wow I guess rice,UT,U of H are so crappy no on attends them? Let me guess you got one of useless liberal arts degrees?

Old 05-09-2016, 10:52 PM

249 posts, read 561,707 times
Dude quit feeding the troll

Old 05-10-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
Wow I guess rice,UT,U of H are so crappy no on attends them? Let me guess you got one of useless liberal arts degrees?
I'm not referring to academics. I'm talking about the things students can get involved with. When I was
in high school I didn't hear any student mention Rice or UT. U OF H was kind of mentioned. Most conversations among the students were about out of state universities and colleges. This tells you something; Houston doesn't have brilliant colleges and universities (brilliant, not just good). A college that's just good isn't enough. U of H is in an extremely bad environment. It's in third ward, no thanks. I wouldn't dare attend any college or university located anywhere near downtown. HCC detours potential students from attending U of H. Another terrible school that lost more than 80% of it's foreign and domestic students because of bums ands vagabonds around the campus. If you visit HCC now, it's similar to a construction site.

I would love to attend Harvard or Princeton. Maybe that's just a dream. But, dreams are for the foolish, goals are for the wise. I'm not ruling it out of my future. Make no mistake about it. I would also love to attend a college in a suburb.

The things that frighten me the most:

Unemployment, garlic, teens, and overweight women.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:22 PM

225 posts, read 519,763 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston