Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 05:31 AM

392 posts, read 317,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradizecityz View Post
I believe Trendmaker is really struggling...heard back then something similar to this...100k off inventory homes (which were 500k+) right off the bat

Hopefully Xfinity will be here soon...I was told September
All the 450k and below listings are doing really well and the developer is about to open 3 new sections.

Perry, Westin, Newmark, Lennar have sold 90% of the homes, and Weekley, Plantation and Meritage have sold about 70% of the homes.

Regarding Windstream Internet, I talked to the residents and they said the services have been good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 06:30 AM

277 posts, read 305,132 times
I talked to over three residents, warned us strongly against Windstream...Infinity would be much better! Loved the home and would have put contract down..this particular home had two failed contracts on it...they 'mistyped' the price on their website as 414k instead of 479k (originally 529k) and said they would honor the price for 72 hours. Immediately checked on internet issues and the builders know it's a problem bc they took a long time confirming the providers and had it wrong in the end. Several owners said it was far from reliable and working from home would not work unless another options n showed up. Great home and value if you can wait on Internet!

Old 08-16-2016, 06:57 AM

103 posts, read 167,770 times
Why not just buy a cheaper home in the neighborhood that is more likely going to ride out this downturn better and upgrade later? Put that money into the stock exchange or a college fund. The 5 page consensus here is that it's not a good idea to spend $500k+ out there unless you plan on living there forever.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:39 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,916,811 times
Personally once you reach the 500k mark, I would stop looking at cookie cutter neighborhoods and start looking at acreage neighborhoods or stand alone acreage.

Weston Lakes (gated) and a number of neighborhoods in Fulshear will get you a half acre lot plus new/recently renovated home for around that price.

But that's just me.

Old 08-18-2016, 03:12 PM

75 posts, read 137,455 times
Just saw them putting in some lines so I asked the guy and he said its for Xfinity!! Woohoo!!!

Old 08-18-2016, 03:15 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,822,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas2010 View Post
Personally once you reach the 500k mark, I would stop looking at cookie cutter neighborhoods and start looking at acreage neighborhoods or stand alone acreage.

Weston Lakes (gated) and a number of neighborhoods in Fulshear will get you a half acre lot plus new/recently renovated home for around that price.

But that's just me.
Although I can completely understand the appeal of having a small acreage amount rather than a lot within a MPC, a lot of these commuters wouldn't feasibly be able to live that far out depending on where they worked.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:42 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,916,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
Although I can completely understand the appeal of having a small acreage amount rather than a lot within a MPC, a lot of these commuters wouldn't feasibly be able to live that far out depending on where they worked.
Agreed, although the neighborhood in question is less than 10 minutes from acreage communities off of FM 359.

Old 08-20-2016, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas2010 View Post
Agreed, although the neighborhood in question is less than 10 minutes from acreage communities off of FM 359.
It's 10 minutes extra if I start my commute before 6 A.M. and come home around 3 P.M. I believed its more like 20 minutes extra during traffic hours if you are thinking about Grand River, Texana Plantation, Lakes of Mission Grove, etc.

Old 08-20-2016, 03:54 AM

A big problem with the acreage communities of 359 and 723 is quick access to Hospitals and medic/emergency providers.

Old 12-22-2016, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,084 times
In response to: 2) That area is still early stage of development. It will be another 10 years before you see some major shopping and food. Secondly, there are already major centers in Katy and Sugar Land and you- are right in between so they might never build major shopping out there beside the strip centers.

Waterview Town Center is launched with Super Walmart - Lowes- Ross - Michaels - HEB - Kohls- and so much more including Restaurants and Family fun centers (5 mns from Harvest Green). 10 Years is incorrect - 1 year is the right answer.

In addition Harvest Green is running out of land already and a Brand New Elementary School with 21st century updates will be ready for fall 2017. And another 250 homes were recently announced in Harvest Green because the first homes sold Quickly. The middle school is Ranked 9 out of 10 on Greatschools.com and the high school is 8/10.

These schools will get even better with the new community.

This is going to be an incredible investment and HG is an amazing community.

I just signed a contract to purchase a home there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston