Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:42 PM

90 posts, read 362,095 times

Advertisements

My parents are moving to Katy next month and are worried about finding good barbeque. Any recommendations? It doesn't have to be *in* Katy, but not too far of a drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 06:55 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,489,277 times
Goode Co. Its on the Katy Freeway (I-10) and The Voss Exit.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:29 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,402,237 times
You'll be in Texas. You will not want for good barbecue, I promise. More than likely, some of the best will come from your neighbors.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
You'll be in Texas. You will not want for good barbecue, I promise. More than likely, some of the best will come from your neighbors.
We just left Houston in October, but when my parents would come visit when we lived there, I took them to places close to us in Spring. I'm completely unfamiliar with the Katy area, so I had no idea what to tell them when they asked about good barbeque in that part of Houston. They love Rudy's, but I think the only Rudy's in Houston is the new one on I45 N. They didn't like Luther's, which is all Pappas now, right? I've been to the Goode Company on Kirby, but I'm glad to know there's one closer to them. Yummm, I'm hungry for Texas barbeque now!

Old 02-22-2008, 08:58 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,402,237 times
Yes, Pappa's bought out Luther's but I think some are still operating under the Luther's name.

Are your parents going to be in S. Katy or N. Katy?

Here's some places that your parents would like:

The Swinging Door in Richmond off of Hwy 359 (if they will be in S. Katy, like Cinco, etc this is not that far and it is my fave)
As mentioned above, Goode Co. on the Katy Freeway at Voss
Nonmachers on Mason is really good! It's in a shopping center. Been around a long time.
Dozier's in Fulshear right off of 359, close to Katy.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Yes, Pappa's bought out Luther's but I think some are still operating under the Luther's name.

Are your parents going to be in S. Katy or N. Katy?

Here's some places that your parents would like:

The Swinging Door in Richmond off of Hwy 359 (if they will be in S. Katy, like Cinco, etc this is not that far and it is my fave)
As mentioned above, Goode Co. on the Katy Freeway at Voss
Nonmachers on Mason is really good! It's in a shopping center. Been around a long time.
Dozier's in Fulshear right off of 359, close to Katy.
S. Katy, I think. My dad will be working in Bellaire, and I've heard them talk about looking in Cinco Ranch for a house. Thank you for the recommendations!

Old 02-22-2008, 04:22 PM

52,685 posts, read 47,940,162 times
You won't have any problem finding good barbecue in and around Katy. I always go to Goode Company BBQ on the Katy Freeway whenever I'm in town visiting. It's absolutely the greatest place in the entire Houston area. Now, as Katy grows, there will be new restaurants popping up and, hopefully, some good barbecue will emerge out there where you won't drive so far.

Maybe Goode Company can branch out there......

Old 02-22-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
You won't have any problem finding good barbecue in and around Katy. I always go to Goode Company BBQ on the Katy Freeway whenever I'm in town visiting. It's absolutely the greatest place in the entire Houston area. Now, as Katy grows, there will be new restaurants popping up and, hopefully, some good barbecue will emerge out there where you won't drive so far.

Maybe Goode Company can branch out there......
I'll take a Goode Company up here in New Jersey! Ah, a girl can only dream!

Old 02-22-2008, 08:11 PM

52,685 posts, read 47,940,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikanakala View Post
We just left Houston in October, but when my parents would come visit when we lived there, I took them to places close to us in Spring. I'm completely unfamiliar with the Katy area, so I had no idea what to tell them when they asked about good barbeque in that part of Houston. They love Rudy's, but I think the only Rudy's in Houston is the new one on I45 N. They didn't like Luther's, which is all Pappas now, right? I've been to the Goode Company on Kirby, but I'm glad to know there's one closer to them. Yummm, I'm hungry for Texas barbeque now!
The Luther's thing is just tragic. Twenty years ago, it was absolute greatness. Fantastic smoked meats and great onion rings. Thanks to poor management in recent years, it's now just a memory.

As for Rudy's, they are making serious inroads throughout Texas, and Houston is their latest entry. I would expect, at least, two or three more in the metro area in the next few years.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,910 times
The best place is in old Katy on Hwy 90 - Midway BBQ - not fancy, but very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston