Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 08:30 AM

152 posts, read 169,634 times

Advertisements

I am planning to go to a resort near by for thanksgiving week with a 5 year old .can you please let me know which one is better with a kid lost pines Hyatt or Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort .

I am also open to other suggestions .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 11:02 AM

509 posts, read 735,011 times
I have not been to Hyatt Hill Country, but I can tell you our kids had a great time at Lost Pines. Tons of activities for kids, plus they love the lazy river. You could keep kids busy nonstop for at least 3 days there.

It was also fun for the adults. I did the archery and skeet shooting.

Old 10-18-2016, 12:27 PM

152 posts, read 169,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston parent View Post
I have not been to Hyatt Hill Country, but I can tell you our kids had a great time at Lost Pines. Tons of activities for kids, plus they love the lazy river. You could keep kids busy nonstop for at least 3 days there.

It was also fun for the adults. I did the archery and skeet shooting.

Thank you so much .

Old 10-18-2016, 12:45 PM

694 posts, read 835,178 times
Hyatt Regency Hill Country is essentially in-town in San Antonio, next to Sea World.....The Lost Pines is 17 mile outside of Austin, set along a river. If you are looking for a quiet country experience, and want to stay on the resort most of the time, you are better off at Lost Pines.....been there, great experience.

If you are planning on going to Seaworld, or other attractions, and you are using the resort as a place to sleep, you would be better off at the Regency Hill country.... its convenient. Been there, very convenient, but less a destination in itself, more of a place to sleep with some nice attractions itself.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:06 PM

71 posts, read 159,092 times
We love Lost Pines - ton of activities for the kids. But we had only been there during summers - don't know if it is the same fun when it gets cold.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:30 AM

914 posts, read 1,832,233 times
In the summer I would pick Lost Pines. In the winter I would pick Hill Country Hyatt. If the weather is too cold for outdoor activities, you can go into San Antonio easily from Hill Country Hyatt and visit the Riverwalk and Children's Museum, etc. Both resorts have lots of activities for kids and the Camp Hyatt program.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:12 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,181,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugLandDAd View Post
Hyatt Regency Hill Country is essentially in-town in San Antonio, next to Sea World.....The Lost Pines is 17 mile outside of Austin, set along a river. If you are looking for a quiet country experience, and want to stay on the resort most of the time, you are better off at Lost Pines.....been there, great experience.

If you are planning on going to Seaworld, or other attractions, and you are using the resort as a place to sleep, you would be better off at the Regency Hill country.... its convenient. Been there, very convenient, but less a destination in itself, more of a place to sleep with some nice attractions itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKennedy View Post
In the summer I would pick Lost Pines. In the winter I would pick Hill Country Hyatt. If the weather is too cold for outdoor activities, you can go into San Antonio easily from Hill Country Hyatt and visit the Riverwalk and Children's Museum, etc. Both resorts have lots of activities for kids and the Camp Hyatt program.
I've been to both and agree with the posts above. During the non summer months, it really all depends on how quiet/isolated of an experience you want versus using the property as a jumping off point to do other things.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:18 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,137,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I've been to both and agree with the posts above. During the non summer months, it really all depends on how quiet/isolated of an experience you want versus using the property as a jumping off point to do other things.
Totally agree. Been to both and would agree with staying at Lost Pines in the summer, and at they Hyatt when it's colder so you have other options that are more available to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston