Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 08:13 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times

Advertisements

Agree but also agree that going to the mall shouldn't feel like you are in third world country flea market either. Vendors need to be properly trained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 09:32 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,260,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
90% of my shopping is done online and the other 10% at stand alone stores not malls, guess I don't like people that much
I laughed out loud at this!

Old 01-29-2017, 11:24 AM

5,615 posts, read 4,943,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
This is the best way to go to the mall. Avoid the concourse as much as possible.

Strolling from one end of the mall to the other is a terrible way to shop.
Don't you understand that it's the in-line stores that pay the rent and keep the mall open? Don't you want to support your local mall? You talk like it should be a big-box strip center.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:39 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Don't you understand that it's the in-line stores that pay the rent and keep the mall open? Don't you want to support your local mall? You talk like it should be a big-box strip center.
I don't care about malls staying open. It's 2017 and shopping should be much more convenient than having to go to a mall. So many other options for shopping that are stress free. The nearest mall to me is Memorial City and they stay busy so they won't miss me not going. For those that enjoy the mall I'm sure you'll be enough to keep them open. But for those like me who hate the experience and from reading this thread it seems like there are many of us there are better options for shopping which can keep you from having to ever have to go to the mall again.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:12 AM

730 posts, read 775,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Let mall management know.
They know. One of my former neighbors is high up at Simon, I think she is in national office these days, we complained about it to her all the time, 10 plus years ago, and told it her was going to run off consumers. Her take was the Simon family being from NYC thought it a normal part of life and they could never convince the Simons that it was an issue for Middle America.

It is an all commission job which leads to the aggression. Another issue is a lot of them are 20 year old Israelis fresh out of doing their mandatory stint in the IDF and thus are very aggressive.

US charges 10 Israelis in illegal network of mall kiosks | The Times of Israel
http://www.cracked.com/personal-expe...emium-1.558839
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/b...emium-1.558839

Old 01-30-2017, 11:19 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,298,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever nickname here View Post
They know. One of my former neighbors is high up at Simon, I think she is in national office these days, we complained about it to her all the time, 10 plus years ago, and told it her was going to run off consumers. Her take was the Simon family being from NYC thought it a normal part of life and they could never convince the Simons that it was an issue for Middle America.

It is an all commission job which leads to the aggression. Another issue is a lot of them are 20 year old Israelis fresh out of doing their mandatory stint in the IDF and thus are very aggressive.

US charges 10 Israelis in illegal network of mall kiosks | The Times of Israel
http://www.cracked.com/personal-expe...emium-1.558839
For many young Israelis, pitching goods at U.S. malls is a rite of passage - Business - Haaretz.com
This might be true and I used to work in Simon managed mall back in the college days. They were all about getting every square inch of the mall rented to just about anyone. I could be selling swap meet items and they would give me the lease just as long as they would get rent.

We had people come in from Israel during holiday season and would hustle specific races and gender all the time in the mall. I asked this girl from Israel once what brings here to US and she was like she has done this in most of the western countries but somehow she found selling to Americans really easy and her sales numbers were phenomenal. All these beauty and skin care product folks would live together and had individual sales targets. I was surprised to see how many languages she spoke and how easily she would filter off approaching certain people saying they won't buy so why bother. She would know who to target and most of the times it worked for her. They are really aggressive for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston