Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 11:20 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,204,558 times

Advertisements

I found you one for the Spring area. If you will PM me, I will give her contact info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 04:18 PM

299 posts, read 1,017,037 times
May also have to do with qualification. When I owned a rental house I would get many people calling me and would all claim on the phone to have great income and be well qualified, but after showing the house and giving them the application they would ask if they could pay the deposit over several months and have the first month free because they were between jobs. Some realtors only respond to other realtors assuming that at least the other realtor has ensured the prospective tenant isn't wasting anyone's time.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:32 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,204,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
I found you one for the Spring area. If you will PM me, I will give her contact info.
Hmmmm. About 32 hours have passed and still no PM, after I found a realtor for him that works with renters in Spring.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:16 AM

23,990 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Hmmmm. About 32 hours have passed and still no PM, after I found a realtor for him that works with renters in Spring.
The poster should have listened to you the first time.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:28 AM

1,132 posts, read 2,125,309 times
Word of mouth, via FaceBook, is the best way to find a rental in a specific neighborhood. Join their group, ask a question, and you get responses.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:12 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,299,452 times
Calling OP, calling OP .. where are you?

Old 03-20-2017, 08:09 AM

1,835 posts, read 3,268,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpm1 View Post
Yes, that's exactly what I thought^^. It's certainly a cautionary tale for anyone who decides to list rental property with a realtor (or myself as a future buyer/lessor) that you need to do spot checks to ensure that your realtor actually responds to requests to show your property. I am the poster child for the ideal tenant. I have the perfect tenant portfolio plus cash in hand, ready to rent, and I cannot get a realtor to show me their own rental listing. Also, I know that the houses are available because several (but not all) even have a sign in the front yard.

I am very tempted to post all the non-responsive realtor's names along with the dates, times, and methods that I have used to try to get a response for an appointment because these landlords need to find a better realtor.
Might be that you were calling/looking during spring break too...lots of people were out of town last week.

I know I have 2 rental listings now and the condo I stayed at in Colorado had zero cell service. I did have wifi, and returned emails, but I did not return any voicemail for 4 days. I'm a one person outfit, so I don't have anyone backing me up when I travel. In my defense, both listings are my own properties, so I was not hurting anyone but myself.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 AM

221 posts, read 243,508 times
I got Kim hooked up with my real estate agent right after she created this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: