Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 09:36 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,493,997 times

Advertisements

Interesting street hanging on the outskirts of the EC. Very big lots. Anyone know anything about this little section? The subdivsion is called Briarforest. Several older homes sold in there recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 10:05 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,493,997 times
As the EC fills and Westside, Barbara Bush and West Briar schools get more and more gold stars... this area perks my interest.

Size of the lot and house, enar buffalo bayou and THP, are a rare find for around 300k these days.
1214 Briar Bayou Dr, Houston, TX 77077

Old 04-28-2008, 03:38 PM

657 posts, read 2,545,171 times
I believe Briar Bayou is kind of an older one street neighborhood, close to Stonehenge. On that side of Eldridge there is a new Elementary school called Ray Daily, while Bush is for the kid's west of Eldridge.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:58 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premont View Post
I believe Briar Bayou is kind of an older one street neighborhood, close to Stonehenge. On that side of Eldridge there is a new Elementary school called Ray Daily, while Bush is for the kid's west of Eldridge.
I know Barbara Bush Elem has been ranked a good school. Is it possible to find out more about this new school Ray Daily? HISD's site doesn't have info yet. Any way to find out enrollment stats for the upcoming year?

Does anyone have any idea how this new school will be and how it will change the dynamics of Bush Elem? Looks like areas west of Eldridge are zoned to Bush Elem, and the area east of Eldridge is zoned to the new school.

We're still trying to figure out where to look for a home...

Old 07-29-2008, 08:47 PM

I think this may be Daily's first year so they may still be gathering the stats. I live in Ashford, so I can tell you that the area west of eldridge is newer and ritzier and there will be more apartment kids on the east side. It looks like a nice school though, when I drive by and if it's close in quality to Bush it should be a great school.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:54 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premont View Post
I think this may be Daily's first year so they may still be gathering the stats. I live in Ashford, so I can tell you that the area west of eldridge is newer and ritzier and there will be more apartment kids on the east side. It looks like a nice school though, when I drive by and if it's close in quality to Bush it should be a great school.
It looks to me like there are apartments after apartments all up Eldridge, on both sides. But would the school zoned east of Eldridge still be more of an "apartment school" than the one zoned west?

Old 07-30-2008, 05:09 PM

Enclave Parkway has many apartments. They're also all along Whittington. I'm not sure how they divide things on Eldridge, but most of the apartments are on the east side, especially north of Briar Forest. Most of the new construction is on the east side including some new triple decker apartments going up. Now do they send all of Eldridge to one school or divided it up by the side you're on, I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston