Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 07:21 PM

4 posts, read 14,554 times

Advertisements

We are looking at buying in woodforest Montgomery and are undecided between lennar or perry homes. We like both builders floorplans but aren't sure how the builders compare in regards to actual build. We are new to the states and are looking for some insight or experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 08:04 PM

234 posts, read 424,775 times
I dont know anything about Lennar but here are my opinions on Perry from my experience.

Pro's
2 year "bumper to bumper" Warranty - smooth repair request process
Standard features are upgrades compared to most builders
Respectable Construction Managers
In house finance company with good rates and closing cost incentives
Lots of unused attic space. Good for light storage if you add 3/4" osb boards.

Cons
Hard to knock price down on dirt builds vs inventory homes
Sloppy paint job and drywall work
Upgrades are expensive

Old 03-19-2018, 08:53 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,019,017 times
We live in a neighborhood with Perry as a builder and the neighborhood FB page has been littered with complaint after complaint about Perry homes and their shoddy construction/customer service, post-purchase. Every builder has their issues, but I've never seen so many about one builder in one place. Some of the photos people posted about the shoddy workmanship is just shameful on Perry's part.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:21 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,661,819 times
I have lived in a Perry home for 5 years, and we have been fine so far.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:37 AM

672 posts, read 846,838 times
Have lived in a Lennar home that we had built back in August of 2015 and we love it. No issues and we love their Everything's Included model, so there was very little for us to upgrade.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:19 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,120 times
i currently live in a perry, and owned a village builders (lennar company) before this. my wife also used to be an area manager for lennar homes.

all that said, you really cant go wrong with either one. lennar will offer a bit more standard, they have always had an "everythings included" motto. (and some TERRIBLE radio commercials lol)

between my perry and my old village home, the only complaint i have with perry has been the paint. the job was fine, but the paint material quality isnt as good as my village home was.
outside of that, we never had any issues with our village, and have no issues with our perry.

we live in a dr horton community that had perry and horton early on, but perry left the community. our perry is leaps and bounds better built than the horton houses.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haudi View Post
We live in a neighborhood with Perry as a builder and the neighborhood FB page has been littered with complaint after complaint about Perry homes and their shoddy construction/customer service, post-purchase. Every builder has their issues, but I've never seen so many about one builder in one place. Some of the photos people posted about the shoddy workmanship is just shameful on Perry's part.
can i ask what neighborhood your in?

Old 03-19-2018, 03:07 PM

467 posts, read 778,075 times
Lennar seems to finish out nicer in my opinion.. plus way more included features

Old 03-19-2018, 04:03 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,991,725 times
We just purchased a village. Worst experience of my life. Sloppy finish, lots of critical
Mistakes .. too much to even mention. Part of the problem is they were short on workers to begin with and they lost anyone skilled because workers left to go work on Harvey houses which pays much better. We got workers that were anyone who could hold a hammer — skills not necessary. Bad timing made things worse.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:29 PM

We decided to go with perry 1984 plan thankyou guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: