Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 12:56 PM

23 posts, read 91,242 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Just wanted to find out from the Houston and Sugar Land locals about the best place/town to buy a house in the Sugar Land area. These are the things I'm looking for in my new neighborhood - good schools, safe area (low crime), and decent size Asian population; I'll be commuting daily to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston (1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030) for work, so please take the commute time into consideration in your advice.

In regards to commuting from Sugar Land to Houston, are there any trains or buses that I can use, instead of driving.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 03:03 PM

759 posts, read 3,183,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtoTX View Post
Hello,

Just wanted to find out from the Houston and Sugar Land locals about the best place/town to buy a house in the Sugar Land area. These are the things I'm looking for in my new neighborhood - good schools, safe area (low crime), and decent size Asian population; I'll be commuting daily to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston (1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030) for work, so please take the commute time into consideration in your advice.

In regards to commuting from Sugar Land to Houston, are there any trains or buses that I can use, instead of driving.

Thanks in advance.
If you are commuting to MD Anderson, Look for areas close to 59 i.e. Crescent Lakes, Telfair, Sugar Lakes, Sugar Creek. these area have good schools and easy access to 59. Via bus, there is a Metro Park and Ride to the medical center. I think most hospitals pay for the Park and Ride service.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon7 View Post
If you are commuting to MD Anderson, Look for areas close to 59 i.e. Crescent Lakes, Telfair, Sugar Lakes, Sugar Creek. these area have good schools and easy access to 59. Via bus, there is a Metro Park and Ride to the medical center. I think most hospitals pay for the Park and Ride service.
Thanks for the info. I was trying to find these areas (Crescent Lakes, Telfair, Sugar Lakes, Sugar Creek) in city-data's profiles, but they're not listed there (not even in areas with population less than 1000); do you know why? Thanks.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:43 AM

759 posts, read 3,183,708 times
Well these are all master planned communities in Sugar Land...
here are links to their respective sites/hoa's

Crescent Lakes Neighbors : Home
Telfair Welcome to Telfair, Sugar Land
to the website of the Sugar Creek Homes Association
Sugar Lakes Homeowners Association

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtoTX View Post
Thanks for the info. I was trying to find these areas (Crescent Lakes, Telfair, Sugar Lakes, Sugar Creek) in city-data's profiles, but they're not listed there (not even in areas with population less than 1000); do you know why? Thanks.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:56 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,837,799 times
Buy close to 59 or Hwy 90, and not out too far past Hwy 6.

There's a park-and-ride for bus service on 59 that will take you to work.
There's also a park-and-ride further into Houston off Hwy 90 and 610 where you can take the light rail train to work.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon7 View Post
Well these are all master planned communities in Sugar Land...
here are links to their respective sites/hoa's

Crescent Lakes Neighbors : Home
Telfair Welcome to Telfair, Sugar Land
to the website of the Sugar Creek Homes Association
Sugar Lakes Homeowners Association
Thanks much.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
Buy close to 59 or Hwy 90, and not out too far past Hwy 6.

There's a park-and-ride for bus service on 59 that will take you to work.
There's also a park-and-ride further into Houston off Hwy 90 and 610 where you can take the light rail train to work.
Thanks for the info.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:24 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,031 times
I'm in one of the sections of New Territory that is adjacent to Telfair and it is very easy to get to 59 from here.

New Territory Residential Community Association - Welcome to New Territory Residential Community Association

Old 03-27-2008, 07:26 PM

25 posts, read 88,766 times
When you tour the area make sure your realtor has New Territory on your list, we LOVE it there. You get a little more for your $ than Telfair and there are some great updated homes with mature landscaping that compete nicely with Telfair, Avalon, etc...

Old 03-29-2008, 09:12 PM

182 posts, read 768,385 times
I second the notion on New Territory!

Don't forget about Greatwood either. It's a commute pain right now due to construction of the Brazos River Bridge, but once 59 opens up to Grand Parkway (they say next spring, maybe sooner) it'll be a much improved commute very similar to Telfair. It has the benefit of a very nice golf course which Telfair and New Territory do not have, if that's a factor for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston