Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 02:25 PM

6 posts, read 10,832 times

Advertisements

I am not looking to offend anyone. I just prefer to be around other Caucasians. That is all. I am looking to upgrade to a new house, and looking to move to a mainly Caucasian area while still staying in the same part of the greater Houston area. Is Fulshear a good choice? I am specifically looking at Fulbrook at Fulshear Creek. How are the schools? How is the commute on Westpark as compared to 59? Does the area consist of Caucasian individuals for the most part? How is access to grocery stores and shopping? How did Fulbrook and Fulshear do during Hurricane Harvey?

Edit: I am not racist. I have hired and managed between 75 to 100 minorities during my continuing tenure in corporate America. I gave them high paying corporate jobs with excellent benefits, and I am still giving them these opportunities as we speak.

Last edited by whiteflighter; 07-20-2018 at 02:58 PM..

Old 07-20-2018, 02:51 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,942,903 times
If you want to primarily be around whites then you definitely need to leave the Houston metro area and probably need to leave Texas overall. I travel the state every week, and the only lily-white areas in Texas are a handful of ultra rich enclaves.

I have no doubt people are going to give you hell for this post. But I live in an ultra-diverse neighborhood close to you and it is very difficult to foster a sense of community when there is so little shared in common. Frankly, there is also the reality that many ethnic groups tend to have little interest in socializing outside their group.

Most of my neighborhood is south Asian, African (i.e. Nigerian) or Hispanic. In my experience, south Asians have almost no interest in interacting with anyone who isn't South Asian. It's easiest to be friendly with my Hispanic neighbors because we have more in common, but there are still a few cultural differences.

Last edited by War Beagle; 07-20-2018 at 03:04 PM..

Old 07-20-2018, 03:15 PM

344 posts, read 346,206 times
I've heard North Dakota is pretty white.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:30 PM

6 posts, read 10,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanpoet69 View Post
I'm not looking to offend anyone, but please just leave Texas.
Other people like South Asians, African Americans, Hispanics, East Asians always ask on here what part of town is best for them. Why can I not do the same?

Old 07-20-2018, 03:34 PM

348 posts, read 460,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
If you want to primarily be around whites then you definitely need to leave the Houston metro area and probably need to leave Texas overall. I travel the state every week, and the only lily-white areas in Texas are a handful of ultra rich enclaves.

I have no doubt people are going to give you hell for this post. But I live in an ultra-diverse neighborhood close to you and it is very difficult to foster a sense of community when there is so little shared in common. Frankly, there is also the reality that many ethnic groups tend to have little interest in socializing outside their group.

Most of my neighborhood is south Asian, African (i.e. Nigerian) or Hispanic. In my experience, south Asians have almost no interest in interacting with anyone who isn't South Asian. It's easiest to be friendly with my Hispanic neighbors because we have more in common, but there are still a few cultural differences.
How true is this though? I'm really curious. I'm neither white nor South Asian but for some reason at work have always found it relatively easy to socialize with some Asians (not just South Asians). Could be because I'm an immigrant I suppose. Is it possible that maybe white people are the ones that show little interest in socializing outside their groups? That easily get uncomfortable? That have to mention/pay attention to the few cultural differences? It's not like all white people are the same, there are differences there too.

To the OP, Cypress seems mostly white to me.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:49 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,954,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanpoet69 View Post
I'm not looking to offend anyone, but please just leave Texas.
Why does it always seem like when people say that they don't want to offend people.. in the next sentence they offend people.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:30 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,578,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflighter View Post
Other people like South Asians, African Americans, Hispanics, East Asians always ask on here what part of town is best for them. Why can I not do the same?
Hint: they’re racist too.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:31 PM

502 posts, read 391,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflighter View Post
I am not looking to offend anyone. I just prefer to be around other Caucasians. That is all. I am looking to upgrade to a new house, and looking to move to a mainly Caucasian area while still staying in the same part of the greater Houston area. Is Fulshear a good choice? I am specifically looking at Fulbrook at Fulshear Creek. How are the schools? How is the commute on Westpark as compared to 59? Does the area consist of Caucasian individuals for the most part? How is access to grocery stores and shopping? How did Fulbrook and Fulshear do during Hurricane Harvey?

Edit: I am not racist. I have hired and managed between 75 to 100 minorities during my continuing tenure in corporate America. I gave them high paying corporate jobs with excellent benefits, and I am still giving them these opportunities as we speak.
I know you want to stay in Houston but the whole Houston metro is pretty diverse; I'd check out San Antonio if I was you, it's less so.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:39 PM

967 posts, read 2,609,287 times
Seems to me, if you’ve lived in Sugar Land (aka the Houston area) for 23 freakin years you know how diverse the area is. And no one place here will be predominantly Caucasian. How do you not know this already???

On CD, posters will tolerate a question from out of town-ers about where to move if Asian, Black, etc... because those posters don’t know better. They may be coming from a city that is very segregated and are afraid to pick wrong in an unfamiliar city.

But 23 years? Dude you should know better by now.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:43 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,942,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbf2006 View Post
How true is this though? I'm really curious. I'm neither white nor South Asian but for some reason at work have always found it relatively easy to socialize with some Asians (not just South Asians). Could be because I'm an immigrant I suppose. Is it possible that maybe white people are the ones that show little interest in socializing outside their groups? That easily get uncomfortable? That have to mention/pay attention to the few cultural differences? It's not like all white people are the same, there are differences there too.

To the OP, Cypress seems mostly white to me.
Perhaps. But from what I can tell, people of European descent are about the only people in the world who seem to put much value in diversity or multiculturalism as an inherent good. This is makes sense as western culture is hyper-individualistic, whereas the rest of the world is oriented more towards community or the group rather than the individual.

If this issue is that important to the OP (assuming he/she isn't a troll), then the only answer is to leave Texas. There are white states like the Dakota's or Vermont. Texas is an extremely diverse state
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston