Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 10:58 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,821,369 times

Advertisements

The lambs will be voting for Beto, that guy is a joke. Cruz wins easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 11:36 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,808,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
Inaccurate.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:08 PM

2,548 posts, read 4,054,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
Did you read the endorsement? They argue that Cruz is only interested in advancing himself, not helping Texans. So it stands to reason that people who are interested in having someone actually represent them in Washington might vote for Beto instead.

Beto isn't "a joke." That's simply ignorant. He's a very hard-working US Congressional Representative, with a solid slate of ideas he would bring to the Senate.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:46 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
Did you read the endorsement? They argue that Cruz is only interested in advancing himself, not helping Texans. So it stands to reason that people who are interested in having someone actually represent them in Washington might vote for Beto instead.

Beto isn't "a joke." That's simply ignorant. He's a very hard-working US Congressional Representative, with a solid slate of ideas he would bring to the Senate.
No need in wasting your time, they only understand Guns, God, and anti Gays. Mix in a little anti Obama and you'll have their votes regardless how you screw them on the backside lol.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:34 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Cruz proved to be a master obstructionist, but that's not very useful to a majority party.

It's become pretty clear that he's entirely focused on becoming president at some point, and will do whatever it takes to get there, including asking the guy who referred to his father variously as a Castro sympathizer and the Zodiac killer while insulting him and his family on national television.

I voted for Ted in 2012, from Houston.

Not voting in 2018. Kind of stateless for voting purposes at the moment.

Lots I could say to several comments but I'm going to pick this one, just because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck
Most of them are run like non-profits and can only hire liberal writers, who are used to living off other people anyway so they don't require a salary.
"Run like nonprofits?" Are you serious? Please tell me what daily newspaper you worked for that ran like a nonprofit. They might actually be hiring someone who wants to do real work, so let me know.

They cut and sell out their standards until they're profitable. They now make much of their money the same way the rest of the internet media makes their money, hence all the vapid slideshows that look like the rest of your Facebook feed.

I used to have this Dilbert strip taped onto my computer in the newsroom that best describes how newspapers are run, then as now in the age social media/festering intellectual rot.

Wonder how much you've paid for the news you read lately, ipuck.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:44 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
It's the Houston Chronicle, did anyone in Texas seriously expect anything different? The City of Houston shifted left years ago but long after the Chronicle had already done that.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:58 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,758,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post

It's become pretty clear that he's entirely focused on becoming president at some point, and will do whatever it takes to get there, including asking the guy who referred to his father variously as a Castro sympathizer and the Zodiac killer while insulting him and his family on national television.
Indeed. It’s interesting that conservatives, who like to think of themselves as macho tough guys, are so taken with a lickspittle like Cruz and a spoiled rich boy president who’s never been in a fight in his life and who’d cry if somebody slapped him.

Old 10-21-2018, 03:09 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,663,212 times
There are some issues I have with Beto, but I will never vote for Ted Cruz. Never. Beto has my vote.

Old 10-21-2018, 04:25 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,718 times
Interesting times...

This was in Montrose this past week.

Old 10-21-2018, 04:42 PM

2,756 posts, read 3,808,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Interesting times...

This was in Montrose this past week.

He's not helping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston