Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 06:23 PM

100 posts, read 386,725 times

Advertisements

That's exactly why we are getting the gate and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
People get them to keep the dogs in, kids in, and just a little added protect for the stuff that's often left in the driveway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 02:14 PM

759 posts, read 3,184,398 times
I wanted a Gate because It looks nice especially since my new home has a porte cochere & motor court. I just like the look and i am planning on getting one with intricate scrolls to match the metal work on the doors that I have ordered.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:11 PM

4 posts, read 26,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon7 View Post
I wanted a Gate because It looks nice especially since my new home has a porte cochere & motor court. I just like the look and i am planning on getting one with intricate scrolls to match the metal work on the doors that I have ordered.

Agreed, same here, just can't seem to figure where to start looking for a "gate maker" or whatever...any guidance from anyone? where do i even start looking for someone to make one for me and install it?

Old 09-07-2008, 12:06 PM

7 posts, read 32,853 times
I am building a new house and looking for a company to install a wrought iron gate for porte cochere & motor court. Is there a company that someone has used and would recommend. Also, what is the approximate costs because the builder is charging $6,700. Surely, I can get one for less than that.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 AM

166 posts, read 899,365 times
I too am moving into a house with the drive-thru portechochere and motor court and am getting a gate installed. I shopped around extensively for quotes which ranged from $2,800 to $4k before taxes, depending on the design and motor you get for the gate. Also some companies offered powdercoating on the iron/metal which I would definitely recommend but adds to the cost. I ended up ordering the gate online (which sounds crazy), but after doing a ton of research and watching the installation videos of how to do it, it seems pretty easy for even a non-typical do it yourselfer. The website is currently running a special on one of its designs which I like. The total cost all-in including shipping is going to be about $2,800 including the top of the line operator and powder-coated 12' gate. All I have to buy on my own is a couple of bags of concrete from homedepot. Check it out:

www.amazinggates.com

Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 PM

7 posts, read 32,853 times
Thanks for the response but we are definitely not do-it-yourselfers when it comes to something like installing automatic gates.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,689 times
Default automatic gate companies

Hello,

I just ran across this post and I actually work for a gate and fence co in Houston. On average a gate and gate operator with maybe a small section of fence on either side runs 3k - 3500. Yes, remotes can be programmed to home link in vehicles and keypads can be added for additional access with a code. Myself or one of the other empoyess would be happy to answer any questions y'all might have or we can come out and give you a free estimate. If you are interested please visit our web site or give us a call. I'd be happy to answer any question you might have through this site as well

Thanks, Jason with Slater Gate and Fence

Old 09-18-2017, 06:01 AM

1 posts, read 593 times
I'm located in the UK and have just spent ages looking for a gate installer for our property. We have young children and were worried about their safety. There has been lots of accidents reported in the news recently with badly installed gates so I wanted to make sure the installer I chose was a proper, recognised installer. In the end I went with a local company [url=http://www.windlesham-electric-gates.co.uk]Electric Gates | Automatic Gates | Supplied and Installed[/url] (there are lots of other good installers in the UK - not pushing their services). We went with them because they were accredited by all the right industry bodies - so definatley worth checking that any installer you choose is approved to all safety standards. Hope this is helpful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston