Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2019, 07:36 AM

401 posts, read 1,733,361 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

Any recommendations for a company which is good for AC ducts cleaning?

I have been coughing since Jan 2019. I have no idea what it is. Pollen season is over but my random coughing in the morning, itchy throat is not over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 05:18 PM

174 posts, read 157,081 times
You can remove the air filter and check inside by yourself with a flashlight: if it's full of black mold, you find the problem.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:51 PM

92 posts, read 60,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azamsharp View Post
Hello everyone,

I have been coughing since Jan 2019. I have no idea what it is. Pollen season is over but my random coughing in the morning, itchy throat is not over.
COIT? they seem to always call me about duct cleaning

Old 06-28-2019, 10:35 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Hello everyone,

You may want to check to see if it is this African Dust rather than your filters.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0720154909.htm

Quote:
Dust from the Sahara Desert in Africa -- totaling a staggering 2 to 9 trillion pounds worldwide -- has been almost a biblical plague on Texas and much of the Southern United States in recent weeks. The good news: the same dust appears to be a severe storm killer.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:06 PM

455 posts, read 525,209 times
I'll also add that this sort of thing is what Angie's list is for ... find someone with a coupon and then check that they have generally good reviews. I don't know that duct cleaning is rocket science, so they are all likely doing the same thing.

But to the points above, yeah, i'm thinking it is probably external to your AC vents. Just be sure to change them on a regular basis, and you should be fine.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:10 PM

389 posts, read 596,429 times
I used Stanley Steemer.

Old 01-10-2023, 02:56 AM

1 posts, read 224 times
Default Air Duct Cleaning

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Your house needs air duct cleaning due to the risk of allergies and asthma to the constant inhalation of polluted air, chemicals, and odors. It is recommended that the cleaning be done every two to three years to sanitize it as well as to maintain system efficiency and keep those utility bills low. Consult Pro attic, and they will take care of that. their well trained and skilled staff will assess your home and use the best air duct cleaning tools to restore a clean and efficient air duct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston