Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 02:04 PM

472 posts, read 336,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Demographically, there are huge differences between those places. Youre far more likely to find Indian and Chinese restaurants in Sugar Land than a Taco Bell.
Your description is grossly over exaggerated.
I’ll defer to my esteemed colleagues on this issue, only because I trust their opinions from numerous other good posts. And as I mentioned, I’ve only been to Sugar Land a few times. I know mostly about the North side and about Katy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugLandDAd View Post
Yeah......Snapper Heads description is inaccurate, and clearly jaded.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...7&ff=327010324
https://www.sugarland.com/msg/sugar-....php?p=1182469
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...d-13323814.php
No, not all neighborhoods are the same.
Snakes live in Texas...they are doing quite well. A great many of the snakes here are water snakes, so, homes along waterways, and those near large areas of high, uncut grass will have more snakes. Its not difficult to find a home further from those areas.
As has been said above, the good school districts tend to be in the quieter residential areas, so lively areas with good school districts are not common in Texas.
If this is the best defense of the multicultural aspects of Sugar Land and the plight of snakes in the face of global wildlife mass extinction, then we’re all in trouble.

But like I said, i’ve only been to Sugar Land a few times so I’ll retract my previous comments about it being indistinguishable from Pearland or Katy.

Old 08-02-2019, 02:32 PM

8,355 posts, read 5,517,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper_head View Post
If this is the best defense of the multicultural aspects of Sugar Land and the plight of snakes in the face of global wildlife mass extinction, then we’re all in trouble.
].
Thats like saying "The sun will eventually engulf the earth so why care where you live.".

Fatalism isnt going to do much for a person trying to decide where to live.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:00 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,664,874 times
I live in Sugar Land. Lots of Desis in the area. We once found a snake in our guest room closet- it was harmless and my husband got it out. Despite the snake, we still enjoy Sugar Land.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Thats like saying "The sun will eventually engulf the earth so why care where you live.".
Actually, I take back what I said about user As-Above-So-Below having good posts in the past. I must have been thinking of someone else.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Thats like saying "The sun will eventually engulf the earth so why care where you live."
Snakes were mentioned by the OP in jest. Snakes get a bad rap. Someone gets to stand up for snakes, in jest as well, and that honor was mine.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:42 PM

940 posts, read 1,903,340 times
If you're looking for a lively urban neigborhood with a good high school, those two things actually are not compatible because you're talking HISD which has disastrous learning and behavior problems across the board. The good high schools are in places like the Woodlands and Cinco Ranch, very suburban. A highly regarded elementary school in HISD is Poe Elementary if you can manage to find a place in that zone. One near me that is pretty good is Sinclair Elementary.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:26 AM

40 posts, read 45,374 times
Quote:
Demographically, there are huge differences between those places. Youre far more likely to find Indian and Chinese restaurants in Sugar Land than a Taco Bell.

Your description is grossly over exaggerated.
Sugar Land is still a majority white typical suburb. The Indian and Chinese restaurants you’ll find are typical suburban type restaurants you can find them in Katy too

Old 08-05-2019, 11:06 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,515,684 times
Your budget and your job location have a huge impact on what is the best area for you too. No point nailing down that you want to live clear across the city from your job in a perfect neighborhood you can’t afford. There’s a lot of really great places to live in the Houston metro area. You won’t be stuck in the weeds because you’re not in the exact perfect place.

Old 08-05-2019, 11:47 AM

8,355 posts, read 5,517,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlight04 View Post
Sugar Land is still a majority white typical suburb. The Indian and Chinese restaurants you’ll find are typical suburban type restaurants you can find them in Katy too
No, its actually isnt. Its 40% white and 40% Asian and yes the restaurants are different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston