Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 10:57 PM

59 posts, read 318,359 times

Advertisements

hey yall i have a question. i was turning right onto 610 towards 59 from westiemer (right by that shell) and i saw a red light camera flash go off. i may have slowed down but did not completely stop. do you think i'll be getting a ticket? this sucks! it seemed as though it had its own little turning lane tho, you know what i mean? has anyone ever fought their red like ticket? thanks yall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 10:52 PM

960 posts, read 2,749,143 times
That's HUGE bad! You'll never drive again!

Old 05-04-2008, 11:22 PM

212 posts, read 1,272,983 times
be patient. thought i was getting one, early this year. Never arrived.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:43 PM

59 posts, read 318,359 times
ok i'll pray!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:28 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
No guarantee that you (or I, for that matter) will not receive a ticket in the mail, but I have been flashed for taking a few "dark yellows" in that area (San Felipe & 610) and 6 months later haven't seen any tickets.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:16 AM

4 posts, read 10,863 times
I got a ticket for that near there. It was a "civil charge" so it won't show up on your record and the like. Bill was $75

However, they repeatedly sent it to the wrong address so that, by the time they got it to me, I had a $25 late fee assessed as well. When I called after it to let them know I had never received any of the previous notices, they told me that my time to appeal had passed and that I was required to pay the fine. When I reiterated that I had never seen the ticket, they got a bit snippy and went on a rant about how long it would take.

In the end, I just paid the fine. Not sure if any of this helps.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:02 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Are you trying to say that the photo radar cameras are now catching those doing the "California roll" at stop signs? How can the camera know this?

Either way you do know about the license plate spray which should be your standard equipment along with your license, registration and insurance card.

The Cat will never catch the Mouse if you use this product. And the best part is it is still legal........for now.

Remember when radar detectors were still legal? Afterall they were nothing more then a radio receiving a signal. A basic FCC right.

YouTube - Photo Radar red light camera license plate spray

Old 05-05-2008, 11:09 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,691,505 times
It picks up the ''California roll'' by the motion sensors from what I understand.

Been wondering if that plate spray actually works or not.

My Valentine One is legal - except in Virginia and DC. I still need a laser jammer and I'm nearly 100% covered, but those are quite pricey and I'm not sure if the po-po would appreciate it. Illegal in a handful of states, too, but not TX.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:18 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
It picks up the ''California roll'' by the motion sensors from what I understand.

Been wondering if that plate spray actually works or not.

My Valentine One is legal - except in Virginia and DC. I still need a laser jammer and I'm nearly 100% covered, but those are quite pricey and I'm not sure if the po-po would appreciate it. Illegal in a handful of states, too, but not TX.
I just spent the past few minutes researching this. As you said there are sensor loops inbedded under the black top surface. Then there is an embedded stop bar. It can measure a car that does not come to a complete cease motion stop. The camera takes a close up pic of the movement over the line, a larger view of the intersection, and a close up of your plate and mails that to you.

What will they think of next. Hopefully all this new technology some day will present us with no need for cops anymore. I hope I live that long to see it.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:24 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,691,505 times
All of you with an EZ tag are being monitored for this site

Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map

When you pass through checkpoints it calculates your time between points (and therefore speed), and puts it in a list to give the average speed for each freeway section. They say your EZ tag number doesn't point to a name/car for this system, but it looks like this system could easily be linked up with HCTRA's to send speeding tickets through the mail.

The way this country is headed, with people wanting the government to take care of them more and more, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this happens in my lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston