Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2021, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 996 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm after some information about the named travel agency of this thread.
I would appreciate any information that could clear my doubts at this time.
Is this still an operating business does anyone know?
And if so do you know if there's an employee travel agent that works there who goes by the name David innocent?

The reason I ask is I've been in contact with a woman who goes by the name Angela Rose for a few months now, she resides in Houston Texas and live in the UK.
We decided we'd like to meet and she agreed to travel to the UK so we can.
But she can't afford to pay the full amount of the travel visa, so I agreed I'd help with the remainder.
I'm well aware of scams and Charlottans over the internet so decided to do some digging before parting with my hard earned cash.
I've googled the named travel agency and it states it's open for business but when I call nobody answers.
I've also looked at the reviews and the last dated review I can find from 5 months ago says it's closed and the property is up for lease but the Capricorn travel agency signs are still on show.
I've asked Angela for some form of proof regarding the visa application she states she's started applying for which hasn't been forthcoming.
I have an email address for David innocent who she says works there and is dealing with her application but his communication with me is not very convincing of someone who is a legit travel agent.
I'm all but convinced it's been a scam all along but would appreciate any information to confirm or dispell my doubts.
Kind regards Mr Woolhouse of England UK.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 09:05 PM

91 posts, read 76,660 times
Yikes

Old 08-06-2021, 09:35 PM

15,542 posts, read 7,571,500 times
Scam. American citizens do not need a visa to travel to the UK for tourism for up to 6 months. If you send money, there will be more requests for this cost or that cost. Run away.

Old 08-06-2021, 10:38 PM

61,912 posts, read 87,428,807 times
It sounds like a scam. Don't waste your money.
No travel visa needed.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:10 PM

2 posts, read 996 times
Thanks for the heads up good day to all you genuine people. Xx

Old 08-09-2021, 10:27 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,261,597 times
The best way to avoid scams is to nip them in the bud. Cut it off at the first odd sense. She had her chance. In the off chance she is legit and just needs help then she will just have to learn to be more forthright and transparent with the next person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston