Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 04:35 PM

219 posts, read 172,508 times

Advertisements

According to Texas law, even tree branches growing over to the neighbor's property; the cost of trimming the tree branches can be charged to the neighbor owning the tree. In your case you would have to pay him for his costs of getting rid of your bamboo growing over onto his property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 05:22 PM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naners1 View Post
According to Texas law, even tree branches growing over to the neighbor's property; the cost of trimming the tree branches can be charged to the neighbor owning the tree. In your case you would have to pay him for his costs of getting rid of your bamboo growing over onto his property.
What statute says that? I don't believe you are correct. You can trim the branches hanging on to your property, but can't charge the tree owner.

Old 09-06-2021, 07:30 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Quote:
Don't know where you got your information, but it's wrong. Period. And as for the neighbor w/the bamboo problem - it's HIS problem. If he doesn't want the bamboo in his yard, it's on him to remove it.

Old 09-06-2021, 08:36 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,601,272 times
Quote:
Might want to recheck that. You have the right to trim any branches or roots that extend onto your property and you have the right to sue for damages caused by a reported hazardous condition, but there is no right to demand payment for anything without a specific court order.

Old 09-07-2021, 12:47 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,583,955 times
Sounds like it just needs to be a discussion of neither of us elected to have it, but it is here.
You can remove it, but if the cause isn't taken care of it may cycle back in the futre.

The question is, do you want the bamboo and willing to invest in it.

I speak from similar experience, builder and utility company left a tree right next to a utility box. This tree now encroaches on three of my neighbors yards. 2 of them don't care or simply deal with the leaves (it is a seasonal tree). I'm not an ******* either, I do have the tree trimmed and contained. However, my rear neighbor whom lived there before I moved in wanted me to solve the issue (mainly him not having to spend time raking leaves). I gave him the option of paying to have it trimmed or he could wait till I did my annually trim of it. Told him, I didn't plant it and you were here 15 years ago when the builder and original owner were still here, that is when you should of brought this up.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:18 PM

219 posts, read 172,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Might want to recheck that. You have the right to trim any branches or roots that extend onto your property and you have the right to sue for damages caused by a reported hazardous condition, but there is no right to demand payment for anything without a specific court order.
I agree with what your saying, but some neighbors may not want to pay someone to trim the neighbor's tree. In addition homeowners are increasingly suing neighbors who have allowed bamboo to spread creating "damage", no one has the right to have bamboos from their property encroaching on a neighbor’s property.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:16 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/m...--3332069.html

One of the responding attorneys suggest to sue alleging the encroachment is a nuisance.

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/n...s-2584981.html
Another suggest small claim court.

More replies or info here:
https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/a...s--714381.html
https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i...y-3162081.html
https://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-...-in-texas.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston