Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 06:57 AM

2 posts, read 18,498 times

Advertisements

need opinion about Sterling Lakes in Rosharon. Its a brand new subdivision away from everything in the country. Can anyone think of any obvious reasons either to buy or not to buy there?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 07:18 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times
If the idea that you are surrounded by several prison farms scares you, say no to Rosharon. Pretty quiet place aside from that, with a post office, convenience store and nothing else of much importance. You get to drive out somewhere to go to a real grocery store (there's a Kroger at 1462 and Highway 35 in Alvin, about 15 miles to the east).

Is the plan to commute into Houston from Rosharon? I could imagine that getting old quick.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:09 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTex View Post
need opinion about Sterling Lakes in Rosharon. Its a brand new subdivision away from everything in the country. Can anyone think of any obvious reasons either to buy or not to buy there?

Thanks in advance!
Yes I can give you one obvious reason not to buy out there. If you have to drive into Houston, remember that gas is approaching $4.00/ gallon...

Old 05-18-2008, 06:26 PM

1 posts, read 13,182 times
we are thinking of buying a house in sterling lakes also... we have been looking around... i was wondering the same thing. I wanted to know if how is the area.. if any one has any pointer.. please feel free to post... thanks

Old 05-18-2008, 08:05 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
If you have to drive into Houston, remember that gas is approaching $4.00/ gallon...
It's about a 70-mile round trip from Rosharon to downtown Houston, going straight up 288. Do the math.

Maybe 50 minutes doing the speed limit and hitting absolutely no traffic, which you're going to do at rush hour.

Not to mention the 20-30 mile round trip to buy anything you can't get at a convenience store.

Quote:
I wanted to know if how is the area
It's in the middle of nowhere. I really don't know what else to say.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 12,576 times
The drive is not that bad. you have a Walmart, Randalls, kholls, Target, and numerous stores on 518, which is 10 min away. As for the priosn... I was in the army...the hike for a inmate to the main road is useless. he would be shot dead before they get halfway to the main road, gas has dropped now so dont cry.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:43 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,818,989 times
Sterling Lakes has many issues. Lots of foreclosures from builders that have went under. I know other builders are avoiding it like the plague. I think Chesmar is pulling out...or has pulled out as well. I knew one of the sales counselors out there and he said it was like a living hell selling out there.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:32 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
Sterling Lakes has many issues. Lots of foreclosures from builders that have went under. I know other builders are avoiding it like the plague. I think Chesmar is pulling out...or has pulled out as well. I knew one of the sales counselors out there and he said it was like a living hell selling out there.
I totally believe this. You would be better off buying in Pearland.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:01 PM

3 posts, read 27,765 times
Red face Don't Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
If the idea that you are surrounded by several prison farms scares you, say no to Rosharon. Pretty quiet place aside from that, with a post office, convenience store and nothing else of much importance. You get to drive out somewhere to go to a real grocery store (there's a Kroger at 1462 and Highway 35 in Alvin, about 15 miles to the east).

Is the plan to commute into Houston from Rosharon? I could imagine that getting old quick.

Sterling Lakes is just 2 minutes south of Hwy.6, and takes only 5 minutes to 518 Pearland if you are heading north on 288.
The prisons are about 20 minutes away driving about 70.
I have also been looking at this community and may buy shortly.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:04 PM

3 posts, read 27,765 times
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Lawson View Post
The drive is not that bad. you have a Walmart, Randalls, kholls, Target, and numerous stores on 518, which is 10 min away. As for the priosn... I was in the army...the hike for a inmate to the main road is useless. he would be shot dead before they get halfway to the main road, gas has dropped now so dont cry.

I agree with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston