Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 05:40 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Thanks. FM 1093 is what I remember about it. Kind of a popular road for the cyclists. But I haven't been there yet.
My neighbor said that area is being developed with new construction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2022, 04:47 AM

214 posts, read 306,837 times
The area around between Jordan Ranch and downtown Fulshear is going another round of development. There are several new Master Planned Communities due to open within the next 3 - 6 months--Tamarron West, Cross Creek Ranch West, Del Webb Fulshear. This will bring in a lot of commercial development, new schools, and infrastructure.
LCISD needs to continue to build new schools quickly as the schools are full almost as soon as they're completed (i.e. Fulshear High). School quality is on par with KISD.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:52 PM

388 posts, read 686,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swalker7979 View Post
Possibly interested in this community and wondering if anyone can speak to any pros and cons? How are the quality of homes in the community, specifically Perry, Highland, and Westin. How are the schools? Is there good shopping/restaurants nearby or coming soon? Looks like it might be in a 100 year flood plain. I know they are raising the homes but do the areas surrounging the community flood really bad? Would you recommend any other communities nearby in the $400-600k range?
We have family that just built and bought in JR. Their Perry home, when finished was about 600k+, to give you an idea for your frame of reference. They won’t be utilizing the schools but they know teachers in LCISD didn’t have anything negative to share. I know LCISD was turning up their technology so it’s on par with FBISD and KISD, but haven’t experienced it myself. I did meet a couple in JR, as well, where the wife in a KISD teacher. She said many KISD teachers are leaving Katy and moving over because the pay and benefits are better. She confirmed this for herself and at least 3 of her teacher friends/co-workers. But I’m positive KISD will retain its reputation. At the end of the day, education is what we make of it as parents. Both districts will offer good things I’m sure.

I have a friend in Young Ranch. I am not aware her home flooded in Harvey. There is a website called Flood Factor where you can easily enter a residential address to assess flooding and fire possibilities. Maybe that will help you.

JR is nice - nothing bad to say. I didn’t learn this until today but CCR and JR are being developed by the same developer. So while they have strived to make them different, there will be some similarities. I didn’t feel like our visit to their home was too far out. I’m aware where it is, but to us, it just felt like an extension of Katy. We don’t like I-10/99 or 99 running through Katy, so anywhere far from that is great in our book. Within minutes we were at Katy Mills. JR is supposedly getting an HEB in the community/at the edge. And the JR elementary school opens next fall - 2023. It’s true Texas prairie land, so until trees mature, it will be hot, possibly dry/dusty… with nothing but homes to see. But if you can picture maturity in 10+ years, and want a solid community with activities, then I think it’s a fine suburban choice. Good luck.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:42 AM

137 posts, read 217,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swalker7979 View Post
Possibly interested in this community and wondering if anyone can speak to any pros and cons? How are the quality of homes in the community, specifically Perry, Highland, and Westin. How are the schools? Is there good shopping/restaurants nearby or coming soon? Looks like it might be in a 100 year flood plain. I know they are raising the homes but do the areas surrounging the community flood really bad? Would you recommend any other communities nearby in the $400-600k range?
Consider the taxes in each community, particularly the MUD taxes. There are some significant variances that can impact your long-term cost of ownership. Annual HOA fees should be compared too.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:31 AM

305 posts, read 265,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekstone View Post
Consider the taxes in each community, particularly the MUD taxes. There are some significant variances that can impact your long-term cost of ownership. Annual HOA fees should be compared too.
That's exactly how I ended up in Weston Lakes. Parents live in CCR and their tax rate is almost 50% higher than mine.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:59 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
If Safety is a concern, you can't go wrong with Fulsher

https://www.safewise.com/blog/safest-cities-texas/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: