Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 08:28 PM

43 posts, read 152,816 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My family and I are planning to move out to the Katy area next year and we are interested in scoping out CCR/Fulshear area in addition to the South Katy area. I did a search on CCR, but most of the threads I can find on it specifically are about a year or two old. Looks like amenities are mostly comparable to Cinco for the most part, with the difference being a golf course in Cinco and a gym in CCR. Can anyone that lives there give a little insight? Is there any more commercial development in the area? Are there any plans for a golf course in CCR that may not be obvious on the website?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 08:06 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,804,905 times
We just signed with Trendmaker there a few weeks ago.
Originally we were looking at Cinco until our real estate agent suggested we go look at CCR.
We immediately loved how it had similar amenities and the same schools but it was much quieter, smaller, has more of an austin feel due to the nature preserve elements that form the backbone of the neighborhood, almost ever street is a cold-de-sac, and there was just something about Fulshear we liked.... again I think it was a little more Austin than Houston in feel. Every time we go out there and hang out in the Essence Cafe next to the tower it feels like we are on vacation. Just something about it. I'm sure it will lose some of that as the neighborhood builds out, it's still a very young neighborhood. But for now we love it. They are just across the street (1468) from each other, especially if you are building new in Cinco which is down in the southwest section.

If you go to the model village behind the tower, talk to the Trendmaker guy in the bigger Trendmaker model. Not the 60ft, but it must have been the 70ft model. Trendmaker is the developer of CCR. They can explain it all, give you the background, the future plans, etc. They are being very cautious with where they are allowing commercial property. I know there is some land upfront along 1093 available for commercial space and I think there was a small piece of land inside ccr they were going to develop but it will all be controlled and built by Trendmaker. I don't think there was any plan for a golf course. There's shopping along 1093 and then of course you can hit up 99 using all the shopping outside of Cinco. We figured if we were in the back of cinco anyway, along 1468, jumping across the street into CCR was no different shopping wise. And 1468 runs up to 1-10 to the Katy Mills Mall, HEB, etc.

Wish I had more specifics but it's all pretty new to us as well.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:55 PM

43 posts, read 152,816 times
Great!
If you don't mind my asking, did you buy a spec home or build? I wonder how much the prices there are marked up on HAR and a visit to the model homes reveals slashed prices to make things look drastically reduced.

We built a home in Cinco on contingency, but wound up not purchasing it since our current home didn't sell in the time frame. The home we built was listed on HAR for over $30K more than we would have purchased it for, and we built it from the ground up. I am wondering if the same thing is going on in CCR.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:08 PM

We're building new in a brand new section. Building or inventory, you can get some great deals now.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:26 AM

129 posts, read 460,896 times
We live in CCR and love it. Built a house with Trendmaker on contingency and let it go when our old house didn't sell.... and then bought one from DW's inventory. I highly recommend Fulshear.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:56 AM

8 posts, read 27,558 times
I am a Realtor and actually live in CCR. No plans for a golf course but can join the club out at Westin Lakes with a good discount. Very good course. Suggest you visit the Welcome Center at CCR and learn about the master plan community. Builders are offering significant discounts to lower their inventory. There is also a great community on the west side of Fulshear called Fulshear Creek Crossing that has larger lots. I would highly suggest you engage a Realtor to assist in discussions and negotiations with any builder. Builders look out for the builder, not necessarily a buyer. I would be glad to assist; lots of information on what is coming in terms of commerical. You can e-mail me at randy@waynemurray.net

Old 10-21-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy58 View Post
I am a Realtor and actually live in CCR. No plans for a golf course but can join the club out at Westin Lakes with a good discount. Very good course. Suggest you visit the Welcome Center at CCR and learn about the master plan community. Builders are offering significant discounts to lower their inventory. There is also a great community on the west side of Fulshear called Fulshear Creek Crossing that has larger lots. I would highly suggest you engage a Realtor to assist in discussions and negotiations with any builder. Builders look out for the builder, not necessarily a buyer. I would be glad to assist; lots of information on what is coming in terms of commerical. You can e-mail me at randy@waynemurray.net
Randy, would you please share the commercial info? Or is it classified?

Also, there IS a frizbee golf course.
Disc Golf Course @ Cross Creek Ranch

Old 10-21-2011, 04:11 PM

836 posts, read 774,939 times
The school zoning is an issue for us there. The best sections are zoned to Lamar CISD. What I think is going to happen is as more of Cinco West is built up, more of CCR will be zoned to Lamar.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark01 View Post
The school zoning is an issue for us there. The best sections are zoned to Lamar CISD. What I think is going to happen is as more of Cinco West is built up, more of CCR will be zoned to Lamar.
This shows the ISD zoning, and the future schools right in CCR.

http://www.crosscreektexas.com/wp-co..._land_plan.pdf

Old 10-21-2011, 08:34 PM

836 posts, read 774,939 times
But is the split shown going to be kept, expanded, or diminished? We were interested in either the custom home section (already LCISD) and the 1/2 acre lakeside section....that our agent told us was a major point of contention between the two districts, that LCISD is trying to aggressively increase their tax base by moving the line.

We wanted no part of that struggle (hence my earlier topic requesting info on Foster HS) whether it turns out to be true or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston