Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:54 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,124,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by id3ntidycrisis View Post
It's funny that you mention Flushing Queens. That is actually where I live right now and im getting so sick of it! haha. But on another note I heard there are plenty of beautiful vietnamese girls in Houston. Is this so? xD
ha i spent a lot of time in ethnically diverse communities of NYC metro yet I've always find my homebase a mile away from that area. I just want right in between of outdoorsy and inner city living, with a garage and a bit of breathing space. houston does offer such flexibility
yup lots of asian hotties, and no so hotties here in Alief-Sugarland. some look "california clean" while other are the "texan type dirty". Synott corner Alief-Clodine is where some of the texan-vietnamese hotties wash their cars with their girlfriends in shortshorts. chit chat a bit, that'll get you in their circle LOL. or you can meet them in car related meets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 10:53 PM

62 posts, read 197,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
In Houston, they have a highway called 610. It is kind of a strange looking 40 mile long square/rhombus that goes around not only downtown but some of the most (and least) desirable parts of the city. Inside the loop is where you want to be if you are young as it has the best proximity to downtown, the museums, bars along Main Street and midtown/galleria. Furthermore, the University of Houston (both campuses) are located within the loop. The neighborhoods run the gamut from trendy/for young adults (midtown, upper Kirby, montrose) to run down ghetto (parts of 3rd/4th wards, along the ship channel, much of the east side in general) to family friendly places such as Bellaire and the Heights. My favorite neighborhood in Houston is just outside the SW corner of the loop (Meyerland) but is geared towards families. If you are a true urban warrior that likes grit, doesn't mind crime and perhaps a little bit of a Brooklyn feel to it (not to mention any kind of ethnic food you could imagine) try Alief or Sharpstown. People on here will think I am joking or crazy on here, but as a native Chicagoan and a former NYC resident these two neighborhoods remind me the most of actual cities you would see in Chicago or NYC. I have some friends that are very happy in Sharpstown and they are younger, in their mid twenties. It should be noted that Alief and SHarpstown are outside of the loop and along a highway called Beltway 8; a story for another day. And as for the Galleria, the neighborhood is very beautiful but the mall is overrated. If you are from New York City, the Galleria will not impress you nor will Houston shopping in general. The Galleria is located just west of the loop and north of highway 59. Some great neighborhoods are near the Galleria.
Gotcha....*bookmark*

Old 06-17-2008, 11:04 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,659,537 times
Public transportation? HA.

If you live along the light rail line which is only good if you need to go downtown to work or for court or the medical center it'd be good. Otherwise you'd be stuck on the slow busses. Houston is NOT a place for public transportation. We're way too backwards for something as new-fangled as that.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:21 PM

960 posts, read 2,752,078 times
Yep. That's why I'm on a bicycle to work in TMC and I almost got hit by Metrorail. Now move over Metro board! We are going to build a flyby over intersections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
Public transportation? HA.

If you live along the light rail line which is only good if you need to go downtown to work or for court or the medical center it'd be good. Otherwise you'd be stuck on the slow busses. Houston is NOT a place for public transportation. We're way too backwards for something as new-fangled as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston