Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2007, 03:51 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,250,930 times

Advertisements

Can anyone telling me about the Woodlands? I know it is a planned community and I"ve been on their website---but you know how that is---I am looking for some firsthand experience. I am considering a job in that area.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 04:02 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,336,186 times
While you're waiting for replies, please utilize the SEARCH function for this forum. There is tons of information on the Woodlands here.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:26 PM

I did do a search for Woodlands but nothing came up. Maybe I did something incorrectly.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:32 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,336,186 times
Click on Search this Forum and put in Woodlands. I just did it and a bunch of posts came up. Let me know if you're still having problems.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:35 PM

Yes I did that but the posts have to do with illegals in Houston and basically just state the Woodlands as a planned community away from that. I am looking for more specific info and experience related to this community

Old 02-11-2007, 06:02 PM

130 posts, read 678,152 times
If you scroll down to page two in the Houston forum you'll see two threads about The Woodlands: one called The Woodlands vs. Katy and another one called The Woodlands: a few questions from Floridiots. Each has over a dozen replies so the info should give you a starting point. I think if you go even further back, you'll find more topics with The Woodlands in the title.

Good luck! We loved it there when we visited and are hoping to relocate soon. What specifically did you want to know?

Old 02-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Well---I'd be relocating there single female---so price ranges regarding houses/apartments---do people feel "closed in" or different in living in these planned communities? Are they really all encompasing? I guess Idon't have experience with a planned community so that is more along the lines of my questioning.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:35 PM

9 posts, read 42,202 times
You can get a new modern 750 sf apartment in a gated complex starting at around $750/month (look up The Park at Research Forest or go to http://www.woodlandsonline.com/cdps/...?cid=8&ckid=87 for a list of all apartments in Woodlands area). You can find a home to rent for around $1,100. To find rental houses check www.har.com and choose Residential Lease, and under MLS Area to the left choose 15-Montgomery Cnty SW - you can contact a local realtor to take you to view these homes. I doubt you will feel closed in, and I have never heard anyone say they feel that way. It really is an ideal community. Most people (unless they commute into Houston) don't leave the area for months at a time, and that is because you will find everything you possibly need here. From movie theaters, to great restaurants, to upscale bars, to gourmet grocery stores, hospitals, and just about any retail shop you can think of. The Woodlands itself is about 21 square miles, and that doesn't include the communities surround it (which are also very nice and even more affordable). There are lots of single people moving here, especially around the mall and waterway area and you won't feel out of place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: