Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 06:15 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,830,745 times

Advertisements

This is so sad:

Baby found dead in hot truck in Sugar Land | KETK

I can't imagine how the father explained to the mother that he forgot about their baby in the pickup truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 06:41 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,176,658 times
WTF kind of parents "forget" the baby's in the car? "Went to a conference.." probably means he went to a tittie bar with an 8 ball of coke.

Ronnie

Old 05-04-2012, 07:54 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,914,495 times
ANY kind of parent could forget a sleeping baby in the back of a car, I don't care how smug and self-righteous one feels in their parenting style. Who among us has never made a mistake?

Fatal Distraction: Forgetting a Child in the Backseat of a Car Is a Horrifying Mistake. Is It a Crime?

A horrible accident, what a tragedy for this family. My heart breaks for them.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:00 AM

1,416 posts, read 4,440,324 times
That story absolutely breaks my heart. But before any of us sit in judgement, with the few facts that we have been given, we would do well to put ourselves in this parent's shoes. Tired from a sleepless night, perhaps used to a certain schedule (e.g., not taking the baby to daycare) that got switched up and the morning thrown into chaos. Sleeping baby in the back, parent then rushing to a meeting. Not excusing it, but any parent of an infant can relate to parts of it.

There but for the grace of God go any of us.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:07 AM

613 posts, read 1,002,492 times
There is no excuse for leaving your child in a car, period.

I'm on my third baby, neither my wife nor I have ever come remotely close to forgetting there is a baby in the back seat so, no, I cannot relate.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:11 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,324,612 times
Never left your keys/phone/purse/wallet in the car? It happens. I feel for this family, I can't imagine how they feel.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:25 AM

660 posts, read 1,617,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Never left your keys/phone/purse/wallet in the car? It happens. I feel for this family, I can't imagine how they feel.
Lol you just compared your baby to car keys.. I never, as in never, forget my baby is inside my car.. He is the most important person in my life.. I'm always 100% aware when he is in my car.. I would look at my rear view mirror often to see what he's doing..

Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 AM

1,416 posts, read 4,440,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brom View Post
Lol you just compared your baby to car keys.. I never, as in never, forget my baby is inside my car.. He is the most important person in my life.. I'm always 100% aware when he is in my car.. I would look at my rear view mirror often to see what he's doing..
Then you, kind person, may truly sit in judgement of this parent. He will feel your glare and will repent as a terrible parent and an unfit human. And if you deem it acceptable, the rest of mankind will learn from your parental perfection, follow in your footsteps, and learn from your great wisdom.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:34 AM

2,018 posts, read 3,524,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy_73 View Post
That story absolutely breaks my heart. But before any of us sit in judgement, with the few facts that we have been given, we would do well to put ourselves in this parent's shoes. Tired from a sleepless night, perhaps used to a certain schedule (e.g., not taking the baby to daycare) that got switched up and the morning thrown into chaos. Sleeping baby in the back, parent then rushing to a meeting. Not excusing it, but any parent of an infant can relate to parts of it.

There but for the grace of God go any of us.
Yep, accidents happen and I can't think of any worse accident that could happen in someone's lifetime. Parents need to make some sort of habit of always checking the car before leaving it. Make it a routine, just like putting on your seat belt before driving. Even if you know for sure you don't have the kid in the car, still check the car seat before walking away.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 AM

660 posts, read 1,617,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy_73 View Post
Then you, kind person, may truly sit in judgement of this parent. He will feel your glare and will repent as a terrible parent and an unfit human. And if you deem it acceptable, the rest of mankind will learn from your parental perfection, follow in your footsteps, and learn from your great wisdom.
Yes if you are one of those who sometimes forget his baby is inside his car, then you shouldn't be a parent. I feel sorry for your children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston