Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:37 PM

2 posts, read 20,926 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I may have the wrong forum to ask however I thought I'd give it a try. I am tryng to locate a good Holistic Vet in West or SW Houston to assist me with Holistic meds to help maintain my 4 yr old dog in remission. She has her last Chemo next Wednesday. I have been treating her on my own via (on her Birthday). She has done well but I need to know what I need to add or take away form her cancer Holistic meds. Her diet has been changed to a complete raw, no carb, no grain diet which is recommended, I have her on Colostrum, & a blood purefirer with Essiac tea extracts herbs. She only drinks distilled water now. I also need more info on holistic heartworm prevention , & flea prevention etc with it starting to warm up. She is Negative for heartworms. I had her tested 3 weeks ago. She has no fleas either.

I realize only an animal person can understand what we are going through. Any direction or experiance will be appreciated. My dogs oncologist is not into Holistic meds but is very impressed with her strength & fight. She is finishing her chemo sooner than many & Has been in remission since the 2nd week of treatment back in Nov. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 09:51 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
I have no idea, but just wanted to say I think it is wonderful that you are doing so much for your dog. She is fortunate to have an owner like you that cares so much. I hope you can find a doc that will work for you!

You may want to try calling someplace like West Houston Veterinary Clinic (on Briar Forest) and asking if they know of any holistic vets. Good luck!!

Old 03-17-2007, 10:03 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,330,880 times
I did a quick Google search for holistic veterinarian+houston, tx and came up with quite a few. I don't know Houston very well so I can't tell you what part of the city they are located.

Good luck!!

Old 03-25-2007, 12:25 PM

2 posts, read 20,926 times
Thank you both! West Houston Vet happens to be my normal clinic. Small world! I googled too & have talked to a few other peole as well about a good Holistic vet. I just need to be certain that she is getting everything she needs even though Lymphoma is a fatal cancer usually 3-6 months after treatment. We're still keeping our fingers crossed & sayng lots of prayers. She is way to young to die so soon! .

Old 03-25-2007, 04:56 PM

6 posts, read 31,341 times
The senior doc at Sunset Animal Clinic is pretty open minded and practical. Dr. Young, I think is his name. He's not going to push holistic approaches, but if you explain that you're not only open, but actively seeking a holistic approach, he can be very helpful indeed.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 9,981 times
Hey rhondakbt. met you this weekend at the dog park. I have the plott hound. The flee medicine I was try to remember was Brewers yeast with garlic. I wish you all the luck with your babies. If only everyone loved their animals half of what you do there would be no SPCA's.
Blessing to you and yours.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:58 PM

136 posts, read 893,881 times
Call Miss Daisy's Dog Camp in Tomball. Debbie knows a lot about dogs and dog care and I'm sure she could direct you to a holistic vet. Its a great place if you are looking for a no cage boarding facility for under 50 pounders. I moved and I miss it soooo much. So does my dog. 281-255-3131

Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 AM

1 posts, read 9,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhondakbt View Post
Hi everyone! I may have the wrong forum to ask however I thought I'd give it a try. I am tryng to locate a good Holistic Vet in West or SW Houston to assist me with Holistic meds to help maintain my 4 yr old dog in remission. She has her last Chemo next Wednesday. I have been treating her on my own via (on her Birthday). She has done well but I need to know what I need to add or take away form her cancer Holistic meds. Her diet has been changed to a complete raw, no carb, no grain diet which is recommended, I have her on Colostrum, & a blood purefirer with Essiac tea extracts herbs. She only drinks distilled water now. I also need more info on holistic heartworm prevention , & flea prevention etc with it starting to warm up. She is Negative for heartworms. I had her tested 3 weeks ago. She has no fleas either.

I realize only an animal person can understand what we are going through. Any direction or experiance will be appreciated. My dogs oncologist is not into Holistic meds but is very impressed with her strength & fight. She is finishing her chemo sooner than many & Has been in remission since the 2nd week of treatment back in Nov. Thanks again!
My little Westie "Toto" was just diagnosed with Lymphoma yesterday and I am still in shock..he is in advanced stages so Chemo is not recomm. I would really like to try a new holitic diet. Have you found a good Holistic or alternative med. VET? Feel free to email me. I could use some support at this time. I want to do what I can to help him live as long as I can.

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 9,763 times
Default Holistic Vet

There are some vets that practice both in the Houston Area, but a true Alternative Vet does not mix both in a practice. There is a great Alternative Vet in the Heights at Cooper Animal Clinic. She is in Homeopathy and Natural Nutrition.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:44 AM

3 posts, read 13,019 times
Try Dr. Cory Stiles. The clinic is near Gessner/Westheimer and she is a certified acupuncturist. She has a lot of herbs and great treatments that can help.

Good luck, seems that just as cancer is rising in people it is in our pets as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston