Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:55 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Yeah, Bridgeland is built with no direct freeway access. The GP will definitely help, because those arterial streets are all already pretty crowded. Fry Road especially. I think they built Fry too small and it should be three lanes each way,
Don't you just hate that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 08:56 AM

171 posts, read 414,359 times
It cannot be too hard to do since the road does not seem to be in its final configuration.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 AM

11 posts, read 34,511 times
I think towne lakes town center might be better off in attracting people though because I read somewhere that it will front 290....where bridgeland will front fry rd and I guess the grand parkway. Even with the grand parkway, 290 just seems like it will generate more business. I hope both will do well though and add more choices to cypress.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:35 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrvadar View Post
I think towne lakes town center might be better off in attracting people though because I read somewhere that it will front 290....where bridgeland will front fry rd and I guess the grand parkway. Even with the grand parkway, 290 just seems like it will generate more business. I hope both will do well though and add more choices to cypress.
Maybe in the short run, but in the long run, I think Bridgeland will be just fine. Remember, Cinco Ranch is about as far away from I-10 as Bridgeland will be from 290 and it has done just fine. I think Bridgeland will as well, especially since the GP will give it direct access to two major freeways (I-10 and 290).

Old 08-08-2011, 11:02 AM

Very true trae....I didn't think of that.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:20 PM

How do I start a new thread on here...I don't see anything where it says, " start new thread" anyway, I read that bridgeland will be getting a lot of apartments mid 2012. Do you think this is good or bad? Althought I'm sure they will be high end apartments.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:23 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
With Towne Lake, I see the second coming of The Woodlands with the twin bridges on Tuckerton mimicking Lake Robbins Drive and the supposedly "upscale" shopping area at Barker-Cypress mimicking The Woodlands Mall and Town Center. It looks like a scenic community compared to the generic-looking Bridgeland.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
With Towne Lake, I see the second coming of The Woodlands with the twin bridges on Tuckerton mimicking Lake Robbins Drive and the supposedly "upscale" shopping area at Barker-Cypress mimicking The Woodlands Mall and Town Center. It looks like a scenic community compared to the generic-looking Bridgeland.

i think bridgeland is way more scenic..with the park and the nature trails along with the wildlife. i havent seen that in towne lake, just lakes with paved jogging trails. i have seen alot of subdivisions in the northwest with this, probaly other places too. plus bridgeland buried all the ugly powerlines...bridgeland is supposdly getting a big towne center also.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:24 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
All of this development sound like a future traffic jam.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:08 PM

111 posts, read 208,530 times
As far as schools go, you have arguably the best high school and middle school in Cy Fair ISD right across the street. However, you also have the worst high school (Cy Springs) and middle school (Hopper) within a couple of miles down the street. Although the 2 good schools are "closed campuses" and do not allow transfers, a lot of ppl want to get their kids in there. This, the sheer growth in population within the area recently, and the large amounts of undeveloped land would make me leery to buy in Bridgeland.

Also, as many have stated, the commute in and out of Houston from Cypress is horrible. Just to give you an idea, if you leave work right at 5 or 5:30, your commute will be at least 1-1.5 hours if not longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston