Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 9,670 times

Advertisements

Does anyone live there? I have tried to look up the subdivision but there is not much info about it.
What are the amenites? Do you dislike or like about the neighboorhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 18,670 times
Any response/ information on Parkway Lakes, Richmond, Tx would be appreciated. Especially on following:- How is the community: In terms of living, safety, security, crime situation.- Any serious issues between HOA, Developer and Community.- Probability of house prices appreciation in 5 years.- Population statistics- Is noise level high in night due to close proximity of Westpark and Grand Parkway.- Any other relevant feedback.- Suggestion on any good nearby neighborhood with similar price rate.Above will help me to take decision on moving to this community.Thank you,Nirvid

Old 11-06-2009, 02:14 PM

27 posts, read 171,301 times
Hi all, My fiance's mother has lived there for over a year now and we lived in her house for about 6 months a while back. What I can tell you from our experience and what she tells us is that:

The noise level (from the highway and other ppl) has never been a problem for us and we havent heard of any complaints from neighbors and such.

We haven't heard or seen any crime happen there yet.

She hasn't had any complaints with HOA yet..well, there were two small things, a while back they put a notice on her door for having her trash can in view from the street (it was on the side of her house outside and they wanted it in her garage or somewhere out of view), and also she had one garage sale so far, and they gave her a notice saying that she wasnt allowed to put up garage sale signs, which we thought was weird. She only put up two little flimsy ones at each entrance to the subdivision. So I dont know if they are just more strict there.

We also haven't seen any graffiti anywhere in the neighborhood yet (which is a sign of hooligans). No shady people walking around our street.

There are usually lots of kids playing basketball and such in the street after school lets out though, and they don't seem to know how to move out of the way when a car needs to get through...or they will move but throw a football or something over your car while you drive past them (like they cant stop their game for 2 seconds.) But this might just be on her street.

The housing value is seeming to fall there though. I think her house is already at a lower value than what she paid to have it built.

She's a single woman living alone and she feels safe in her house(actually now that her daughter is out of college she lives with her too, but she is at home alone most of the time still, I think).

Her garage door broke a few times and people were prompt to come out and repair it. ( I think it was the HOA who sent them after she called.)

Also, if community involvement in holidays is important to you, I dont think there is much, if any. Also there werent much trick-or-treaters last Halloween and not many ppl decorate for the holidays there. But this may be because its still a fairly new subdivision. Just a little info about that.

Hope this helps! If you have any other specific questions you can pm me or ask on this thread and I will try to get an answer for you. You can tell a good amount by how a sudivision looks and feels by taking a couple of visits there (driving around) at different times of the day too.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 18,670 times
Thank you for your quick and informative response. Appreciate it.

Nirvid

Old 06-01-2010, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 8,691 times
Hi everyone, I'm trying to find out who does Westpark lake use as thier HOA attorney ?

Old 02-11-2014, 06:08 AM

222 posts, read 450,292 times
Is there any more information on Parkway Lakes now? I went and looked at 2 foreclosures this weekend and was told by my Agent that this neighborhood is depressed with lots of foreclosures. I did not a lot of "Diversity" there as well.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:14 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,770,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
Is there any more information on Parkway Lakes now? I went and looked at 2 foreclosures this weekend and was told by my Agent that this neighborhood is depressed with lots of foreclosures. I did not a lot of "Diversity" there as well.
Only see 2 foreclosures at this time in that neighborhood.

Care to elaborate on the bold? I'm always curious of peoples comments on various things.

Median home prices are down and appraised values are down according to HAR.

some reading here if you haven't seen it. http://www.parkwaylakes.com/Welcome.html

Old 02-11-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Only see 2 foreclosures at this time in that neighborhood.

Care to elaborate on the bold? I'm always curious of peoples comments on various things.

Median home prices are down and appraised values are down according to HAR.

some reading here if you haven't seen it. Parkway Lakes

Im sorry I meant to say that I did notice a lot of diversity there.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,770,875 times
So what were you expecting in that area?

Old 02-11-2014, 08:08 AM

I was wondering what people thought of the area. Will values probably lower even more there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston