Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 07:40 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,162,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So why not redraw the borders and actually hire competent admins on the east side? Also, how many parents have you met from that side?

Also, why is it when the wealthiest in FBISD want a new school they snap their fingers and they get one?

And FYI, Dulles is not what it used to be. I had to deal with their incompetence last month, and it was not pretty.
I know some of the peeps from "Mo City" I went to school with some of them, so I know the neighborhood. Also a lot of people I went to college with ended up becoming teachers, including a lady friend of mine, so I hear all their horror stories. New schools get built in the "wealthy" or the westside because that seems to be were the growth is, except maybe for seinna plantation, who I think is supposed to be getting a new high school. Do you teach in Ft. Bend? I wonder how is Elkins now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 08:58 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,587,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I know some of the peeps from "Mo City" I went to school with some of them, so I know the neighborhood. Also a lot of people I went to college with ended up becoming teachers, including a lady friend of mine, so I hear all their horror stories. New schools get built in the "wealthy" or the westside because that seems to be were the growth is, except maybe for seinna plantation, who I think is supposed to be getting a new high school. Do you teach in Ft. Bend? I wonder how is Elkins now.
I'll stop already, as I am sure you agree there is no need for us (really, me; I made the comment) to hijack the thread. I'll leave our debates to the P&OC forum as we never agree on these kind of things and such disagreements are obviously more appropriate over there.

From my perspective, I go school to school. Also, I know a school board member. As for my job, I help schools coordinate programs and ensure compliance. I have actually taught for HISD and Alief but not Fort Bend. I do have a relative that attends Clements.

What saddens me the most about the east side is the most involved parents are sending their kids to the Harmony schools nearby. Anybody that knows even a bit about Harmony schools knows that this is a travesty beyond words. Once in awhile I would recommend Harmony for their C program as it is quite rigorous, but I just can't do that anymore. That is the only positive of Harmony on top of countless negatives.

Elkins is still a fairly decent school, but not a Clements by any means.

An excellent and often overlooked school is Kempner. They really have it together there.

So, OP, disregard my ramblings about the district. FBISD has plenty of excellent schools.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,850 times
not to burst anyone's bubble, but The Woodlands IS part of Conroe ISD.
I have always heard that, academically speaking, Klein ISD and New Caney ISD are top in the state for academics. I currently have my child in private school and live in Conroe ISD and REFUSE to have my child go to CISD. I am considering moving to the Klein ISD and putting my child in public school, but want to double check to see their ratings and reviews for which elementary and so on.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:20 PM

193 posts, read 438,559 times
FBISD - Clements High School, First Colony Middle School

Old 01-06-2014, 08:57 PM

37 posts, read 87,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Flake View Post
FBISD - Clements High School, First Colony Middle School
^^^^

I seconded that!! It has one of the best group of teachers and their students are very well prepared to be accepted into tier 1 universities, including Ivy League. I know since my UT engineering student days, I had to compete with some of the kids there. BTW, I attended HSID so I can be a little more objective on this matter.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:47 AM

352 posts, read 779,861 times
This whole school district thing is overrated. True learning starts at home. parents need to be more responsible for their children.

I have talked to an infinite amount of kids that went to so called CCISD and Katy ISD and they all are either "air heads", nothing between the ears, spoiled, and have no common sense. "Oh but I thought you went to a good school district?" Why doesn't it show in your conversation or in typical thinking?

Whatever, this shows me the whole thing is overrated. Now I'm not saying put your kids in a crime ridden school but a so called rated 5 school can have smarter kids then the so called rated 9 or 10. The point is Education starts at HOME first.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:22 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,330,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waytoodeep03 View Post
This whole school district thing is overrated. True learning starts at home. parents need to be more responsible for their children.

I have talked to an infinite amount of kids that went to so called CCISD and Katy ISD and they all are either "air heads", nothing between the ears, spoiled, and have no common sense. "Oh but I thought you went to a good school district?" Why doesn't it show in your conversation or in typical thinking?

Whatever, this shows me the whole thing is overrated. Now I'm not saying put your kids in a crime ridden school but a so called rated 5 school can have smarter kids then the so called rated 9 or 10. The point is Education starts at HOME first.
I agree, true learning starts at home. However, depending on the students and how well the teachers are trained, your child could be subject to kids who disrupt the classroom or teachers who talk about their personal lives all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston