Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 02:26 PM

392 posts, read 755,078 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I hope you are all enjoying living in Telfair
We are planning to move too next month and would like some feedback regarding service providers.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 08:51 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,240,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to LA View Post
Hello,
I hope you are all enjoying living in Telfair
We are planning to move too next month and would like some feedback regarding service providers.

Thanks
Do not get Comcast. I have heard very bad things about them in that area - services not working properly but 'good enough' for them not to care.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:42 AM

52 posts, read 78,832 times
I've lived inside the loop and I've lived in Telfair since it opened. I remember when all of the houses on my street were under construction. In the beginning, you could only get Entouch. With Entouch, since my family is cheap, we got the slowest internet. Remember that Entouch is DSL and not cable. The reliability of the service was good so I can't complain.

DirectTV, Comcast, Entouch, and Dish are all available at Telfair. I've used all of them and currently I use Comcast. Comcast cable and internet are exactly the same as they are in the loop. I don't know where people are getting the reliability services, but I recently got it a couple of months ago and there have been no issues (except when I kicked the cord on the cable modem and it turned off...)

Get whatever you want with whatever. You are only allowed 2 cable lines into the house so just be wary of that. Right now my house has Dish for foreign channels, comcast triple bundle (phone/tv/internet) and also Entouch for phone. Everything has worked great (unless it rains and you have a Dish...then it just goes out).

Welcome to the neighborhood, don't get caught in the traffic going to Costco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston