Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:01 AM

99 posts, read 367,595 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are very excited about our new home in Telfair. We'll be moving in next month.

Can anyone explain the communications service provider situation in Telfair? I work from home and will need a separate telephone line and broadband internet.

Right now at our current home (inside the loop) we have Comcast for home phone and internet and except for some Hurricane Ike related outages, have never had any issues.

I was hoping to keep Comcast but was going to at least look at switching to ATT for phone and internet, is that not going to be possible?

Are we going to be obligated to Entouch in Telfair? What's the minimum charge and service required? Are there no other options?

BTW I use DirecTV for television and would never EVER consider giving it up (to my wife's frustration), so the "U-verse/Cable" debate doesn't matter to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 08:26 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,825,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonmather0 View Post
My wife and I are very excited about our new home in Telfair. We'll be moving in next month.

Can anyone explain the communications service provider situation in Telfair? I work from home and will need a separate telephone line and broadband internet.

Right now at our current home (inside the loop) we have Comcast for home phone and internet and except for some Hurricane Ike related outages, have never had any issues.

I was hoping to keep Comcast but was going to at least look at switching to ATT for phone and internet, is that not going to be possible?

Are we going to be obligated to Entouch in Telfair? What's the minimum charge and service required? Are there no other options?

BTW I use DirecTV for television and would never EVER consider giving it up (to my wife's frustration), so the "U-verse/Cable" debate doesn't matter to me.
I don't know if Comcast inside the loop is the same as Comcast in the 'burbs, because I had nothing but problems with Comcast when I lived in New Territory on the side right next to Telfair.

There used to be a user here, icon7, who lives in Telfair. He had good things to say about Entouch and he seemed like a knowledgeable consumer about the options.

I agree with you completely about DirecTV...no bundled savings has enticed me to give it up.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:38 PM

232 posts, read 701,221 times
YOU are not tied into Entouch. I like them because they offer several levels of internet speed all the way to 20 mbit upload and 3 mbit download. $70/month. I also use Direct for TV. I use Vonage for Phone. I have wireless Security monitoring too. Welcome to Telfair. an Interesting place. I feel like I am at the UN sometimes Lots of very nice people all in all.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:02 PM

99 posts, read 367,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1774 View Post
YOU are not tied into Entouch. I like them because they offer several levels of internet speed all the way to 20 mbit upload and 3 mbit download. $70/month. I also use Direct for TV. I use Vonage for Phone. I have wireless Security monitoring too. Welcome to Telfair. an Interesting place. I feel like I am at the UN sometimes Lots of very nice people all in all.
Thanks.

That's awesome if we're not tied in - exactly what I wanted to know.

If the internet is as stable and fast as I hear, I have no problem trying it out and doing phone and security, too. I just don't want to get roped into a bundle that includes cable TV and then have to deal with my wife nagging about also paying for satellite. There's no way I could ever win that battle, hence that's a load off of my mind. Whew.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:35 PM

14 posts, read 53,987 times
ATT Uverse is not in Telfair the last time I checked, about 3 months ago. I have Entouch fiber for Internet, Direct TV, and Ooma for VOIP phone. I think other providers are Windstream & Comcast (eewww). I wished they had Verizon FIOS here.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:37 PM

232 posts, read 701,221 times
What I saw inside the Entouch box was Verizon fiber labeling. I think Verizon provides the fiber, but Entouch provides the service. My friend in Riverstone told me that the box in the back is even labeled Verizon, but EnToch provides the service.

Speaking of Service...Comcast has a triple play thing for $99 for 2 years...HBO included...geeeeeze that is tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoGaBaGaBa View Post
ATT Uverse is not in Telfair the last time I checked, about 3 months ago. I have Entouch fiber for Internet, Direct TV, and Ooma for VOIP phone. I think other providers are Windstream & Comcast (eewww). I wished they had Verizon FIOS here.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:40 PM

41 posts, read 119,057 times
we are moving shortly to the area so was wondering for any reviews for En-touch, so bumping this thread. Has anyone tried their home security system, Is the internet stable and good speed?
bumping this for more opinion.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:40 AM

1 posts, read 6,390 times
We have Entouch's Internet, Cable TV and no-frills phone landline bundled services. They are quite reliable; however, our monthly invoice keeps creeping up as the service provider (maybe its competitors as well) finds some creative ways to justify the billing increase. You can get a nice discount with a bundled package that includes alarm monitoring service. We currently use ADT security monitoring service, which is also good. We really want to replace our landline w/ Ooma VoiP but ADT can't guarantee that the alarm monitoring system will work w/ Ooma, except on AT&T U-Verse; unfortunately, AT&T U-Verse is not available in our zip code.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:28 PM

14 posts, read 65,680 times
Hello,

Like the person who started this thread, we are moving into our new home in Telfair this month. Since its been a while since this threat started, wanted to know if AT&T Uverse is now an option in Telfair? I have had their Internet and TV package and its been working out great for us. If I only need a good Internet and cable service who would u recommend?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,737 times
Been having a lot of issues with Entouch. It great to have a single bill and service with one company. The draw back is when it goes down; everything goes down phone, cable, and internet. And it appears to happen when you need it the most. The option here are Comcast and WindStream. Honestly I don’t like Comcast, so Windstream may be the better compnay. – Telfair resident
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston