Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 12:13 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,140,569 times

Advertisements

Okay, this morning traffic was UBER light!! I guess people are taking off for the holiday early, and I did leave about an hour earlier than usual (I left my house at 6:15am).

I was at Eagle Springs entrance (Timber Forest and Will Clayton) at 6:22am

I decided to take Will Clayton to 59 since it was early.

I was getting on the entrance ramp of 59 at 6:33am

I drove ~70mph the entire way, keeping up with traffic.

I was passing the downtown Jackson Street exit at 6:47am

I know traffic was light, as there was hardly any backup at the 45/59 interchange, and I made it to the 288 exit at 6:51am. I was at my work in the medical center (Main and Holcombe) by 7:05am.

Usually I am leaving the Kids R Kids daycare in Eagle Springs around 7:15 or 7:30, and I am at work between 8 and 8:30am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 08:51 PM

30 posts, read 96,655 times
I'm taking it that today wasn't a normal commute

Old 07-02-2009, 05:01 AM

For some reason the traffic was really light going in. I left about an hour earlier than I usually do though. I will leave at the normal time today and post my times and route. But again...right before a holiday so it will probably be lighter.

Yesterday coming home (I left work later than usual...I left a little after 5pm) and took 59 home, and still made it home in about an hour. Traffic was normal coming home - Go figure.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:40 AM

6 posts, read 12,846 times
Ok, I am reading all of this and it is just not adding up! I too commute from the NE side to Texas St. I used to live near ES and Will Clayton was a nightmare, so was Atascocita Rd.! I would stick with Wilson, but even so, from Wilson to downtown in 30-35 minutes? Surely they were in the HOV lane? I live in Fall Creek now and I take the park and ride metro and commute during rush hour. Total drive time from front door at back of neighborhood to work (plus waiting on bus) - 30 minutes. That is the honest truth. I spent a week timing it and averaged it out. Just because I am like that. However non-rush hour times, even without the HOV lane you can easily get downtown in 15 minutes. Just go 80!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:23 AM

What doesn't add up? I drive this route every day. Will Clayton is horrible once you go down to 2 lanes after Wilson road. And the 30-35 mph speed limit is insane. I prefer Atascocita Rd. It can get heavier traffic sometimes, but usually because it's the "main" road, the lights are longer and traffic flows fairly smoothly.

You just said you got from Fall Creek to work in 30 minutes. Wilson is at Fall Creek. Most people drive during the rush hour times - hence the greater traffic.

I left my apt (at will clayton and Atascocita rd) at 6:20am. I was in downtown by 6:50am. I got to the medical center (Main st and Holcombe) by 7:05am, got to work (so parked, walked to my building, rode up the elevator 12 floors) and clocked in at 7:17am. That's a normal day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston