Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:27 AM

739 posts, read 2,262,670 times

Advertisements

Does HPD have nothing to do most of the time. A while back I was stopped by lees sandwiches on Bellaire and insulted and accused of being a member of southwest cholos. I went there last night and I was stopped at the drive through where you order where the menu is. The cop looked though the car and ran my ID and said they know I am "dealing" and that my homies are southwest cholos. Then he said "This investigation is not over" So does the HPD have nothing to do so they investigate nothing and waste money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 10:31 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,005,041 times
You seem to run into a lot of HPD issues - didn't you post another recently about being "harrassed" when stopped in a traffic stop?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:16 AM

89 posts, read 143,159 times
Yes, the HPD is useless. Always has been and always will be. I know people who got yelled and screamed at and it happened to me as well. That just happens when you hire everybody who applies.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:08 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times
Those who investigate real crimes are Detectives.

Those who hide like Cats after their mice dinner are Pigs.

Pigs have no job but to extort money from us law abiding citizens to support the city coffers and to pay their astronomical salaries.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:32 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,501,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
You seem to run into a lot of HPD issues - didn't you post another recently about being "harrassed" when stopped in a traffic stop?
Yes, he did.

Just like then...

Old 07-19-2009, 03:33 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,501,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Those who investigate real crimes are Detectives.

Those who hide like Cats after their mice dinner are Pigs.

Pigs have no job but to extort money from us law abiding citizens to support the city coffers and to pay their astronomical salaries.
Pssst. I don't know about you, but I didn't vote for Bill White and all the other goons behind this mess, either.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:52 PM

739 posts, read 2,262,670 times
they are going to do an investigation into 4 wheel streering on honda preludes, Fanuc g-code, and lees sandwiches I hope its expensive i dont pay city taxes.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:27 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,005,041 times
I support HPD and yes I know there are some bad apples among the bunch - but that is the case with pretty much any profession. You just have to hope they get weeded out and the good ones are recognized.

IF what you say is true and has happened to you on numerous occasions - then I'd say you need to examine yourself and associates and try and figure out what it is about you that makes them suspicious of you as soon as they see you. Yes I know it is our right to be and do whatever we want - but sometimes that can create problems for us that we don't really need and not just by those in authority but by the general public as well. The court of public opinion is often very harsh.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:47 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,450,730 times
Default Stop it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
Does HPD have nothing to do most of the time. A while back I was stopped by lees sandwiches on Bellaire and insulted and accused of being a member of southwest cholos. I went there last night and I was stopped at the drive through where you order where the menu is. The cop looked though the car and ran my ID and said they know I am "dealing" and that my homies are southwest cholos. Then he said "This investigation is not over" So does the HPD have nothing to do so they investigate nothing and waste money?
I think I would stop showing up at lees sandwhich shop and quietly move to the other side of town!

Old 07-19-2009, 09:16 PM

27 posts, read 86,709 times
1. You do realize that an HPD officer was just gunned down a few weeks ago by a Hispanic in the Bellaire area, correct? I'm not saying its right, but HPD is very sensitive to that right now so take it with a grain of salt.

2. HPD most certainly does not "hire anyone who applies". In fact, it is very difficult to become a police officer in a big city. I'd imagine that many posters on this forum would have a hard time getting on the force. You have to take a physical test, polygraph, written test, pass an oral board, and then also pass a very thorough (4 week) background investigation. 2,000-3,000 apply every year and only 300-400 make it.

3. I have no idea where you get the idea that cops have "astronomical salaries". Starting they make less than 40K a year. Not very much especially considering you get shot at. A 15 year detective will make 60k a year plus maybe 10k in overtime but remember these guys are called to work at 2am on weekend when a drug deal gone bad turns into a homicide. Would you do that job for 70k a year?

4. No disrespect to the original poster, but if the police are "always" harassing you, then maybe you should look at what you're doing. I'm not saying cops are perfect. My girlfriend was very much unjustly given a PI when she was clearly not even over the legal limit, but for the most part cops are good people trying to make the city a safer place. I have many hispanic and african american friends who are never given a hard time by police.

5. Next time you're in trouble call the crack head on the corner to come help you out. See how well that works. Remember, people hate cops, until they need them.

Next time you see an officer (well as long as he isn't writing you a speeding ticket, those stink!!!) Tell him or her thank you. Many people forget that these Men and Women put their lives on the line everyday to protect us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: