Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 06:21 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times

Advertisements

Like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 09:11 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belkin910 View Post
Thanks guys!

Ok so Im also looking at this Creekside Village now, what are opinions on the houses in this community? Some of them appear to be in my price range.
Creekside village has the larger lots, which is nice, but all the homes are ultra tiny, and the developer/builder relies on people who probably shouldn't be buying a home to purchase their inventory. The homes are on par with Lake Ridge (Forest Village) in terms of quality of build, but the Forest Village homes are 'nicer' in terms of included features.

Forest Village is nice because the homes are 3 sided brick, and the homes are built well.

KB homes...well, my momma always said if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. So I'll just suggest if you are seriously considering a KB home, find one that has just been framed. No roof, insulation or siding yet, and focus on the size of the wood used. Then go look at a Forest Village home or creekside village and do the same. You should notice a huge difference.

I'd go with Forest Village first, then Creekside Village, then under a bridge, then a KB home.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:42 PM

13 posts, read 50,011 times
Yeah so I researched KB homes a bit, and definitely won't buying a house in Legend's Run. I'll stick with Creekside and Forest Village.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:13 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
i'd go with forest village first, then creekside village, then under a bridge, then a kb home.

lol!

Old 12-23-2009, 04:43 AM

410 posts, read 1,676,223 times
Just know when things go wrong with a newly built home you have little to no recourse against your homebuilder in the state of Texas. You may not sue your builder. You will go to mandatory binding arbitration which will end up costing you more than a lawyer probably will and it is binding. Builders do not have to disclose any hidden defects and they are not accountable as opposed to homeowners who have to disclose everything.
Sites to visit-
Homeowners Against deficient Dwellings
Homeowners for better Building
Consumer Affairs- under homeowners
Ripoff Report
Homeowners of Texas
Goodle builder name and words like defects, problems, lawsuits, ( from seconday homeowners)etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston