Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 02:16 PM

799 posts, read 3,695,202 times

Advertisements

I am sure if your husband got offered a position there, he could get it elsewhere, which would be a good idea. Try Klein ISD,Tomball ISD, SpringISD, Conroe ISD, Magnolia ISD, Humble ISD, Cy-Fair just to begin with.
There are Katy, Sugarland and other schools on the other side of town that others will be able to tell you about.

If he must work in Aldine,you don't have to live in Aldine. You can live in Spring and be close enough to commute without a problem. I would not send myown kids to aldine though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 12:54 AM

6 posts, read 15,431 times
Default not spring either

Aldine is bad.... lived there, done that. I moved to Spring to escape Aldine, and I think allot of those bad kids followed after the flood! Spring ISD is overcrowded with insufficient amount of schools to support all the kids. Yes, it borders Aldine, but other BETTER districts do as well. My recommendations would be Klein, Cy-Fair, Tomball, Attascosita (not sure if spelled right...sorry), or The Woodlands. Stay away from Spring ISD..... Spring itself is a nice area to live, but the district is going down down down.... Overcrowding, gangs, crime rising. Do yourself a favor and look into the areas I mentioned above, especially Klein or Cy-Fair. Hate to see another family "stuck" in Spring ISD like I am. Just waiting for the housing market to pick up so I can pack up! Just my opinion, hope it helps! PS- Welcome to Texas!
I wasn't lucky enough to be born here, but got here as fast as I could

Old 05-17-2008, 08:54 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,467,362 times
I know someone that works at a magnet school in Aldine...she's been there for over 20 years and is the "teacher of the year" type. She's considered working there her "calling" and she loves her kids. If you want a tough job with kids that really need you, its a good place. Lots of resources available to teachers and higher pay than other Texas districts. I agree with the other posters about living outside the district.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,787 times
Default help!!!

My boyfriend is now living in Aldine, he wants me to move with him but i'm just not sure about it cuz i'm about to start my senior year at high school. Well he want me move and study there, but i really don't how good or bad is the high school, and apartments are there.I need someone help, could you please!! thanks

Old 06-14-2008, 11:44 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,220,437 times
If you are not over 18, you might consider staying at home. Moving in with your boyfriend at this age is just setting yourself up for failure later in life...you will probably regret it much later.

Old 06-14-2008, 04:46 PM

799 posts, read 3,695,202 times
mart- I have to agree with poltracker, you are too young to make a move like that but if you insist, aldine is not the best area or school district. I don't know where you are from but home is the best area to be in at your age. The last thing you need is to be stranded in another state far from home if things don't work out in the long run.
It is always better to be safe then sorry..

Last edited by SkyeAnjel; 06-14-2008 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-14-2008, 09:56 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Default How sad...

If a parent (or student) read these boards that attend Aldine ISD/Spring ISD and read what some posters say about it while they are stuck there. "Gangs, drugs, crime, bad, bad, bad...". That has to be depressing to them.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:10 PM

759 posts, read 3,185,483 times
It is reality. Several school in the area I feel are just Holding places for the future Prisoners of America. The parents in these area don't give a rats...the students only are concerned about their shoes and clothes. Teachers and principals are scared to do something or they get thrown in the slammer.

Now when I was growing up my dad would tell me, "Get in trouble at school, act up, whatever...the punishment (tanning the hide) would be much more when you get home". The good old days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
If a parent (or student) read these boards that attend Aldine ISD/Spring ISD and read what some posters say about it while they are stuck there. "Gangs, drugs, crime, bad, bad, bad...". That has to be depressing to them.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:41 PM

179 posts, read 858,613 times
Don't send your kids to Aldine...........PLEASE!!!! I helped out at a middle school in Aldine and the teacher I was with doesn't even send her kids there!! She lives in Lakewood Forest and is zoned to Tomball. I would move to Tomball, Klein, Spring or The Woodlands if I were you.

The schools are ALL about TAKS and after the test is done you can forget about learning for the rest of the year. The school I was at was about 70% hispanic/20% AA/10% OTHER.

Oh btw....there are are metal detectors too. Not cool for my kids.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,690 times
Default same anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by donstac View Post
My husband has been offered a position in Aldine ISD and I was wondering how the schools were there? I have read that the schools are bad and not a good place to raise a family. Are the magnet schools just as bad or the same? I would like to know about this school district please before we move there. Please help!!
where ever u go theres always a flaw at any school any district.i tried spring , new caney ,humble,houston and all u gotta do is keep the teachers on check if there is something they not doing to teach ur child
let them know go to the administration someone gots to do something focus on what u teach r kids make sure they are learning keep up with whats happening in ur kids schools u can live anywhere u want just pray for where ever u go gas is to expensive to live far away from ur job dont be afraid of anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston