Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times

Advertisements

Realtors should alteast higher a cleanup company to remove the trash before they take pictures & list the house it only cost like $500 and well worth it to sell a home to a flipper faster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 12:01 PM

1,290 posts, read 5,437,829 times
I saw a cat pictured up on a countertop before. It made me wonder if that cat had just pooped in its little box, scratched around in the dirty litter, then jumped up on the counter where they prepare their food.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:23 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Realtors should alteast higher a cleanup company to remove the trash before they take pictures & list the house it only cost like $500 and well worth it to sell a home to a flipper faster
It already costs the agent money to list it. To take an additional $500 to clean someone else's house (and it will STAY clean about 15 minutes) is crazy. When someone goes to actually see it, it will be back to the same shape as it was before. If they don't want to clean it, they will just have to list it at bottom dollar. Think about all the listings you see on HAR that only shows the exterior - think about why. Not all, but most, are going to be in sad shape.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:03 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,833,187 times
Quote:
Certainly that is money wasted on an occupied home. I did it once on a vacant house and it cost me about $200. It was money flushed down the toilet. It still has to be kept up or it gets dusty, etc. and if the seller won't do it and won't listen no matter how many times you tell them and even point out specifics, then they can just lower their price to compensate for it. Free housekeeping for lazy people is not part of what they get, sorry.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:29 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
I am talking about houses where the realtor buys & sells it make $10k to $20k these house are the ones flippers like

Old 02-21-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I am talking about houses where the realtor buys & sells it make $10k to $20k these house are the ones flippers like
If you are talking about the cost of a stager to stage a high-end home - it IS worth it. Having to Realtor provide free maid service for the a low-priced home is nuts. Sounds like a good deal to me - rather than clean house or pay to have it cleaned - just list it and expect the Realtor to clean free. Terminate the listing afterwards - and do it again the next time the house gets really dirty. I don't know any Realtor that dumb. A Realtor is going to make $20K on a home that sells for about $660K. $660K houses rarely look like that (I am sure it's possible - I just have never seen one). Again, a house where the people are this dirty is going to stay clean for 15 minutes. It's better just to list at rock bottom if they are too lazy to clean. A doctor may tell you that you need to adjust your diet dramatically - he's not going to come over and cook for you.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:33 PM

784 posts, read 3,121,079 times
Just went to an open house and the renter had left dirty underwear on the bathroom floor. The realtor who was showing the house warned me about it. Methinks she should have picked it up with stick and turfed it into the back of a closet. Yuck!

Old 02-21-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
The flippers (I work with several investors) love the filthy homes - they know it will have to sell cheap - and they can see past the clutter and dirt.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:42 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,707,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleF View Post
Just went to an open house and the renter had left dirty underwear on the bathroom floor. The realtor who was showing the house warned me about it. Methinks she should have picked it up with stick and turfed it into the back of a closet. Yuck!
I'd have to be a very hungry Realtor to do that, even with a stick.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:54 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,833,187 times
The worst horror tale on that for me was on a multi-open house thing. I had four houses open at once in Glenbrook. One was the preservation group Houston Mod's "mod of the month" so they had sent out an e-mail blast to around 800 people. I had ads in Houston Press, Outsmart, etc. and other promotions, so it was going to be a big turn out, I think 50 - 60 people showed up.

I had a really interesting new mod house listing, but, I knew the sellers were kind of clueless and so I had given them very specific instructions, even reminded them & checked on it a day or so before. Things regarding moving things, cleaning, and the kenneling the dogs. They were all in agreement and promised they would have that all in order.

I wanted to get there early but I had some issues with some of the other agents that were manning the other houses & had rush to make sure they were up and running and then go to my one. Unfortunately didn't get there until right before starting time. I will never let that happen again.

All this stuff we talked about when I took the listing right before, and then went over again at least twice more before the open house simply did not happen despite what they told me. The front formals have huge appliance boxes and those big plastic kids trains that they ride and the 8' or so circle of track scattered across the floor. (obviously they weren't moved as promised) A laundry basket full of bras and panties in the middle of the den,(surprise) cartoons blaring, heat on so high you could barely breathe. The dogs, pit bulls btw, still in the back with their calling cards everywhere. A real minefield. (Um...remember we talked about kenneling the dogs and cleaning the back?) The sellers were all piled up on the couch watching cartoons like a regular Sunday.

Um, you all do know you should really go for an open house.

"Why!!??" I had to go into an explanation of that, remember? We talked about all of this! Had to get them to get the dogs, oh and can you move the laundry basket please?

I had to stand there as 50+ people came through and act like it was all normal. It was so friggin embarrassing. Lesson learned. If it doesn't look open house ready a week before, it won't look it that week either. Don't even bother getting there early, just don't hold it open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: