Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 05:09 AM

407 posts, read 1,736,482 times

Advertisements

The Concert/Rodeo is different from the Livestock show and carnival. The concert/rodeo is held in the Reliant Stadium which is inside the gates. You have an assigned seat so I don't think you can just "sit anywhere" for the rodeo then leave. The concert follows the rodeo. Your concert/rodeo ticket will get you into all areas of the livestock show and carnival outside the reliant center. The "admission" tickets will allow you to see everything else excluding the concert and rodeo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 06:00 AM

108 posts, read 484,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
I believe your ticket bought at the gate, covers all but the concerts.
edit: oops, didnt see the second page and Jane beat me to it.

Woo-hoo! Today is the day! Yes, Shelby, that statement is correct. Your gate admission gets you into everything EXCEPT the actual rodeo/concert.

Agventure is awesome for kids, where else besides an actual working farm can kids actually see eggs in the process of hatching, AND if you are lucky enough you might catch some of the farm animals giving birth during the rodeo!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:14 AM

295 posts, read 1,169,353 times
Hi,

I am confuse. I shouldnt buy the ticket online but buy the ticket at the gate and it should be admission ticket? If I am not interested with the concert but at the kiddie zone or carnival?

Thanks,

Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 AM

2,548 posts, read 4,054,486 times
Just go and buy your ticket at the gate. It will get you into the Agventure, and the carnival area where the food and rides are. You have to pay for rides and food separately of course.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:35 AM

1,288 posts, read 4,938,024 times
Agventure is SO MUCH FUN for kids. There is more to do than time to do it, in my opinion. With my two little kids we went on a weekday, morning I think? Maybe afternoon, but pretty much as soon as it opened. Gate admission. My two favorite parts were the birthing center where you could see chicks actually hatching and animals (pigs, sheep) actually giving birth! As well as the preschool farm thing outside that teaching your kid in a hands on experience what it's like growing crops and milking cows and taking stuff to market. They actually get to leave with their choice of snack! It's the most well-done educational thing I've ever seen for young kids. I can't wait to go this year.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:32 PM

1,164 posts, read 2,059,569 times
I was wondering if you could buy admission at the gates. Their stupid website makes it seem as if you have to go to the box office or thru that God-awful Ticketmaster.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:33 PM

295 posts, read 1,169,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyev View Post
I was wondering if you could buy admission at the gates. Their stupid website makes it seem as if you have to go to the box office or thru that God-awful Ticketmaster.
Went there today with wife and son. We had fun.

Yes, I actually recommend buying the tickets at the gate.
I think it's $7 dollars for adult without the concert.
Also go to the parking for "whole" day $12 not the one until 1PM only.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:09 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,289,966 times
It is family friendly! fun and goes to a GREAT cause.... Scholarships for Texan teens! Little kids will love the pig races,agventure,petting zoos,mechanical bull rides etc... the concert /Rodeo is fun but some kids get tired of sitting that long. It has fireworks,hard luck awards with audience participation,bull riding,chuck wagon races etc... If you have never been to a Rodeo I would encourage you to go see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston