Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 03:19 AM

61,857 posts, read 87,314,674 times

Advertisements

http://www.tdi.texas.gov/forms/finag...33InAdrCng.pdf
or try to enter this program
Address Confidentiality Programs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 08:27 AM

2 posts, read 4,030 times
Anyone looking to participate in the government functions of Texas (like a driver license) which require a residence address, and likewise require anonymity to protect themselves due to family violence, sexual assault or stalking can apply for the Address Confidentiality Program through an advocate. The Texas Attorney General's website outlines the details of the program. Essentially it allows you to use a proxy PO Box as an address and forwards your mail to your real address to preserve your privacy. So, not necessarily ideal for everything but if you have any concerns about a rogue member of a law enforcement agency, or anyone with access to State systems, hunting you down for revenge due to your address being on your ID or voter registration card, they'll have to go through the Attorney General's office to request it. The proxy address can be provided to private entities, but they are not required to accept it. However, I would think if someone in a particular situation explained their reasons, they would. Not fool proof, but could help. Someone.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:38 AM

76 posts, read 237,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelFoley View Post
Anyone looking to participate in the government functions of Texas (like a driver license) which require a residence address, and likewise require anonymity to protect themselves due to family violence, sexual assault or stalking can apply for the Address Confidentiality Program through an advocate. The Texas Attorney General's website outlines the details of the program. Essentially it allows you to use a proxy PO Box as an address and forwards your mail to your real address to preserve your privacy. So, not necessarily ideal for everything but if you have any concerns about a rogue member of a law enforcement agency, or anyone with access to State systems, hunting you down for revenge due to your address being on your ID or voter registration card, they'll have to go through the Attorney General's office to request it. The proxy address can be provided to private entities, but they are not required to accept it. However, I would think if someone in a particular situation explained their reasons, they would. Not fool proof, but could help. Someone.
What an odd coincidence. I had just made a comment about this exact subject/matter on another site/thread regarding a PO box address for ID, and me mentioning how I wouldn't want where I live to be known. I had deleted my comment on the other site and within almost a minute of writing it, and within a minute or 2 of that, boom, I see an email alert for city-data and your message. I just found it odd that you had just subscribed today I believe, and your user name is one that I've used in the past on other sites. And then you end your comment by saying, "but could help. Someone." Creepy man.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCH99 View Post
I'm pretty sure you have to have a physical address for your drivers license. We all have privacy concerns.
I read this comment and it reminded me of how thoughtless and self absorbed some people can be. Yes we all may have privacy concerns but some people may have to worry about life threatening concerns, or may have other very good reasons for privacy that other people may not have.

Old 02-15-2021, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 870 times
Default Post office box

Just went through this myself. You CAN use a post office box to get car titles and a drivers license. The only catch is the drivers license will not have the security star on it as a post office box cannot be certified. The star is necessary for boarding planes and entering certain government buildings. Moved to Houston myself from Missouri about a year ago and this is what I encountered. Good luck and welcome to Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: