Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:21 AM

4,959 posts, read 8,955,150 times

Advertisements

You can buy pepperoni rolls at most of the local grocery stores but to get them fresh and hot (and the best in my opinion), there's a place at the Huntington Mall called Big Loafer. They bake everything there fresh daily and you order usually comes right out of the oven. The pepperoni rolls there are bigger with a layer of pepperoni slices sandwiched between 2 pieces of Provolone cheese inside the roll. YUM!

There are no microbreweries in Huntington but there are some good local hangouts. That's not really my scene but I hear people talk about The Union, MacReedo'sand Davis's Place as good places to go for a beer and hang out. If a microbrewery is your thing and you have the energy, I'm sure one would be well received around here with Marshall being here and the population that we have. There's another business for you to start though. Good restaurants typically do very well around here. Hope this helps.
Tim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 11:08 AM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,781 times
I wish someone would ship me a Giovanni's Pizza!!! That the thing I miss most from Ironton.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:00 PM

63 posts, read 200,266 times
Hey there,, Naa.. hang outs..and drinking not our thing. Well...unless there is a good band playing, then love to see music live.
My husband just likes to hit local breweries where ever we visit. If only I was in a position to invest or start up anything...Steve..(my husband)'s dream, is the record store...I am behind him no matter what, though add a bookstore...etc with the vinyl would be great. We have three months left on our contract here in NH.. then it's up in the air where we go. Two choices..WV ( your great city my first choice...love the fact has largest museum in the state!) or moving elsewhere within NH. Want to head to almost heaven, but not independently wealthy and $$ rules the choices. I am all for packing up a truck of our belongings and just do it..but no health insurance is scarey as is going without prospect of a job in waiting.Ahh well..I'm a free spirit, but reality tends to get in my face now and again.( I keep ignoring it!)
Kind of exciting.. I never really know what the heck is next..(i've moved over 4 times in the last two years)..
All this on our way to calling West Virginia home. Would hate to wait until retirement age to be where we want. He's 40's ,I'm 30's...( and boy is New Hampshire expensive!!no sales or income tax.. but the cost of living ..as far as housing..yikes)
Seize the pepperoni roll!! Carpe dough! As always.. you are most helpful.. I am paying attention!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesee View Post
Hey there,, Naa.. hang outs..and drinking not our thing. Well...unless there is a good band playing, then love to see music live.
Lots of good live music venues in Huntington. I actually have a friend working on a website to tie them all together in order to let people know what's going on along with the when and where. That will be very helpful and I can't wait until he gets it done.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:50 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
If you can't make it to the festival and want to try some Huntington hot dogs, Stewart's Hot Dogs will actually ship their hot dogs to you! Most consider these to be the best hot dogs in Huntington and I have to say that I agree. I'm sure they wouldn't taste as good as they would fresh but you'd probably still get the idea. Better yet, don't ruin the experience of your first Stewart's hot dog. Just wait until you can get one in person. Here's the link though. Stewart's Original Hot Dogs of Huntington, West Virginia
Tim
Oh, don't get me started on Stewart's...fresh is best but frozen when you can't get home is almost as good. Since you haven't yet had a fresh one, I'd wait. And don't forget the frosty mug of Root Beer!

Old 06-03-2008, 09:28 PM

Are you talking about a frosted mug of root beer from Frostop in Huntington? I don't really like root beer much but I love a glass of root beer from Frostop in a frosted mug. The root beer there is so much different than anything else. Here's the web site to explain it better than I can.
Frostop...Nothing Tops It But The Foam!®
Roadside Peek : Huntington WV Hot Dogs (some of the places listed have closed but most are still open)

Old 06-04-2008, 06:27 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Are you talking about a frosted mug of root beer from Frostop in Huntington? I don't really like root beer much but I love a glass of root beer from Frostop in a frosted mug. The root beer there is so much different than anything else. Here's the web site to explain it better than I can.
Frostop...Nothing Tops It But The Foam!®
Roadside Peek : Huntington WV Hot Dogs (some of the places listed have closed but most are still open)
No, I was talking about Stewart's. I don't know that I've ever heard of Frostop but my parents probably have. I was born in Huntington but I've never been more than a visitor since I was about 2 years old.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:35 AM

Make sure you stop by Frostop then the next time you are in Huntington. It's on the left side of Hal Greer Blvd. as you come into town right before you get to Cabell Huntington Hospital. Can't miss it! The root beer actually comes in a frosted, glass mug if you eat there and request it. Might have lunch there today if the weather cooperates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington