Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2024, 12:34 PM

66 posts, read 10,245 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what is going on up there? There was the successfully funded flight to Chicago and DC, and then it was changed to just Chicago, and now it's been a year of "pilot shortage".

CRW is gearing up for some meaty renovations, and NCWV is nearing the completion of a brand new terminal. There's no ignoring the growth Huntington is going through, and more. I love HTS, but I'm starting to reach a point where I'm questioning whether the management is just subpar up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM

5,005 posts, read 9,022,064 times
I think they are currently focused on some of the other aspects of the airport. They are supposedly redoing the access road to get to the airport, building hangars to try to recruit maintenance businesses and trying to grow the maintenance program that they have with Marshall. They are always trying to add more flights but it seems like it’s often hard to convince the airlines with a smaller airport.

Old Today, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
I think they are currently focused on some of the other aspects of the airport. They are supposedly redoing the access road to get to the airport, building hangars to try to recruit maintenance businesses and trying to grow the maintenance program that they have with Marshall. They are always trying to add more flights but it seems like it’s often hard to convince the airlines with a smaller airport.
I heard about the updating of the Master Plan, definitely interesting. I think what is upsetting people the most though is the fact that HTS was awarded $750,000 by the Feds for the SOAR Campaign and then another $250,000 from the community proving the interest in the ORD route. This was almost two years ago.. they keep on talking about a pilot shortage, but look at CRW and what they're doing. Folks are just getting frustrated.

Old Today, 11:28 AM

5,005 posts, read 9,022,064 times
CRW got a new provider that was a “partnership” with the state without any explanation as to what that entailed. The new service was brought in to replace one that they were losing. To my knowledge, HTS has never received a partnership like this. When it comes to adding new routes though, we are ultimately at the mercy of the airlines. We can do everything that they ask but it’s still up to them to add the flights. Airports are a conundrum from the standpoint of you need more people using it to attract more flights but you need more flights to get people to use the airport.

Old Today, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
CRW got a new provider that was a “partnership” with the state without any explanation as to what that entailed. The new service was brought in to replace one that they were losing. To my knowledge, HTS has never received a partnership like this. When it comes to adding new routes though, we are ultimately at the mercy of the airlines. We can do everything that they ask but it’s still up to them to add the flights. Airports are a conundrum from the standpoint of you need more people using it to attract more flights but you need more flights to get people to use the airport.
Great way to put it.

Here's hoping that American figures something out and get's some pilots for the route. Hell, get some of the Marshall grads
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
View detailed profiles of: