Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 03:55 PM

19 posts, read 22,132 times

Advertisements

Any takers? I say 2 to 3 years and it's over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 PM

513 posts, read 867,914 times
In todays world there is a lot of competition you have strips malls, Walmarts, Targets, Online shopping (big time) and some even drive hours to shop at really big name stores like IKEA, H&M, Crate & Barrel, Outlet shopping.

I read one article where some malls are doing some serious work to their food courts.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:14 PM

394 posts, read 628,149 times
You mean it's still open? Last time I went I swore I would never go back.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:21 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,837,174 times
Default Madison Square

We only go to that mall when my husband wants something in the Sears tool area. We literally park right in front and go in/out. Couldn't tell you what is in the mall at all. I wonder how many are like us these days?

Old 07-11-2011, 08:34 PM

19 posts, read 22,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post
We only go to that mall when my husband wants something in the Sears tool area. We literally park right in front and go in/out. Couldn't tell you what is in the mall at all. I wonder how many are like us these days?
I went there last Christmas and it was dead. Last week I went to the Parkway City Mall for the first time. Very nice.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:00 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,836,154 times
I also park at sears and go in for tools when needed without going into the mall itself. The last time we went in the mall was at least 6 or 8 years ago just guessing and may have been longer than that. We went on a Saturday evening and it was so full of thugs and heathen teenagers arguing, fighting, and running all over the place we swore we would never go back and haven't. I heard they started a new policy about teenagers having to leave after a certain time if not accompanied by an adult but since we wrote the place off so many years ago and got used to not even considering it when shopping, we just haven't been back.

With all of that said, I prefer malls over these strip centers and shopping centers like Bridgestreet. I usually go to Parkway Place mall and sometimes go to malls in the surrounding bigger cities. I hate the shopping centers like Bridgestreet. When I go shopping, I want to park my car, walk inside out of the hot or cold into a temperature controlled environment like inside a mall. I hate walking up and down these strips in the sweltering heat or freezing cold or even worse the rain.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:22 PM

355 posts, read 963,676 times
That property is still valuable. There was talk a while back of them converting some of the old large spaces into offices for defense contractors.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:10 PM

445 posts, read 770,517 times
...........And it's about to get even uglier for Madison Square Mall......Dillards is closing, and a "clearance" store is opening in it's place.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:12 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,056,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP79 View Post
...........And it's about to get even uglier for Madison Square Mall......Dillards is closing, and a "clearance" store is opening in it's place.
They need to put it out of it's misery.

I really hope they do the mixed development plan that has been thrown around.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:36 PM

346 posts, read 850,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP79 View Post

I know they closed the Dillard's in Decatur, but what kind of clearance store will it be exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area