Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 11:23 AM

482 posts, read 990,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Seth knows his stuff.
But this is the latest on Audi.

Audi confirms plans for North American plant, likely in Mexico
I won't give up on Audi until they finish the plant in Mexico and hire a workforce

Can't find anything about the other road clearing. All I remember is that when I heard or read what it was, I thought it was nothing too impressive. They have definitely spent a massive amount of money on dirt and drainage like East Dude said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 01:41 PM

36 posts, read 86,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Parker View Post
Obviously, I have an interest in seeing The Preserve do well, although I only represent the neighborhood....not any of the homes within it. I did for a brief period of time and will again before too long, but that's a long story in and of itself
Now if you could just talk them into plopping a golf course right in there somewhere, we'd be in business!

Old 01-27-2012, 02:43 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,095,181 times
Quote:
I won't give up on Audi until they finish the plant in Mexico and hire a workforce

Can't find anything about the other road clearing. All I remember is that when I heard or read what it was, I thought it was nothing too impressive. They have definitely spent a massive amount of money on dirt and drainage like East Dude said.
Well once they break ground I'll concede, but I also heard that Volvo and one other is looking at Bama for a plant.

Key for us is all the suppliers in the area, and that's a huge positive for us.

===

Cleared land - From East Limestone to County Line (actually well before it) they have at least 3 open, cleared, filled and I think with drainage. Just seems crazy stuff.

Who can we call to find out what's up?

Old 02-09-2012, 07:40 PM

So what church are they building on Capshaw between McCully Mill and East Limestone?

Old 02-09-2012, 09:06 PM

163 posts, read 297,505 times
Quote:

Exactly. It seems often the supposed frontrunner is supplanted at the eleventh hour , a la VW to Chattanooga instead of "frontrunner" Huntsville.
Mercedes was a guarantee for North Carolina until they announced Vance, Alabama back in 1993.

Carpe

Old 02-14-2012, 12:40 PM

166 posts, read 344,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
So what church are they building on Capshaw between McCully Mill and East Limestone?
Bethel Church of Christ. The one that was destroyed by the tornado near the Doppler.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:52 PM

37 posts, read 102,454 times
Once again, this forum came up with an answer. I saw that church today and wondered what church was building there. This forum is such a good way to keep informed.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:52 AM

283 posts, read 408,648 times
I have lived in Alabama only since 2007 , Huntsville first but hated how busy and the traffic and the schools are just plan terrible. Moved to Madison City and i love it for the schools and the small town feel, that is now loosing it's luster. There is so much growth going on that now on 72 and the intersection of Madison pike you look down the road and all you see is new growth. It is getting too big , as soon as my children finish high school in four years , the husband and i are wanting to move to the country. It is already i nightmare for someone trying to get somewhere in Madison between 4:30/6:30 pm on huges or Old Madison pike. Going home traffic. But i still love Madison thou it now feels like a suburb of Huntsville.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:54 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,415,087 times
Athens, Decatur, Hartselle, Guntersville, or Arab might give you that small-town feel.
FYI, Madison has always been a suburb of Huntsville.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:27 AM

Saw quite a few of the plots at the new Walmart site are already sold. Any rumors on what is going to be there?

Also heard Pie in the Sky at the Shoppes at Madison should be open in April.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area