Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:54 PM

137 posts, read 231,295 times

Advertisements

Because if I didn't, let me proclaim it now from the mountain tops, how much of stupid Mickey Mouse kinda operation they got going on there!! First the mess with getting services started, now, after living here for just a month now, we get our first bill/letter from them...it's a warning of disconnect if we dont pay our service!! So this is how they welcome new comers to the area? How in the world do we even get a disconnect notice after one month of service? I tried to call and yell someone's head off about this but imagine that, they closed early for the holiday weekend. My gosh, if there was ANY other choice to get services to our home other than these morons, I'd be on board real fast! Ok, my venting is over...sorry to drag you all into this but I gotta wonder if this is common...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 02:57 PM

183 posts, read 427,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae-zor View Post
Because if I didn't, let me proclaim it now from the mountain tops, how much of stupid Mickey Mouse kinda operation they got going on there!! First the mess with getting services started, now, after living here for just a month now, we get our first bill/letter from them...it's a warning of disconnect if we dont pay our service!! So this is how they welcome new comers to the area? How in the world do we even get a disconnect notice after one month of service? I tried to call and yell someone's head off about this but imagine that, they closed early for the holiday weekend. My gosh, if there was ANY other choice to get services to our home other than these morons, I'd be on board real fast! Ok, my venting is over...sorry to drag you all into this but I gotta wonder if this is common...
...well, they are an utility company but I have had them for decades and they really do a pretty good job.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:07 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
Other than rates (which are too dang high but still lower than many areas), my experiences with Huntsville Utilities have been uniformly positive. I upgraded my electrical service this year and was very impressed with the professionalism and attitude of the crew.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:57 PM

137 posts, read 231,295 times
It must just be me then...I've had nothing so far but bad experiences. First impressions mean a lot and as I said, if this were any normal business with competition, I'd switch.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:55 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:

Everyone in Huntsville gets that exact same statement, I was just as mad as you....it's not your fault.....all they are saying is.....you don't pay you don't get electric...

Old 04-06-2012, 07:35 PM

483 posts, read 630,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Other than rates (which are too dang high but still lower than many areas), my experiences with Huntsville Utilities have been uniformly positive. I upgraded my electrical service this year and was very impressed with the professionalism and attitude of the crew.
How do you upgrade your electrical service?

Old 04-06-2012, 07:57 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
Upgraded from 100 amp to 200 amp service panel on an old house, which means that Huntsville Utilities had to disconnect the power, then reconnect after the work was finished and inspected. Huntsville Utilities did everything they were supposed to do, when they said they would do it. They even tracked the progress of the work and inspection in order to get the power on as soon as possible. The utility truck crews were great guys, safety-oriented, and capable.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:27 PM

268 posts, read 634,350 times
Quote:
we get our first bill/letter from them...it's a warning of disconnect if we dont pay our service!!
I hate that also, every single bill has that message now. It's a nasty slap in the face to send to customers who consistently pay their bills on time.

We've been here 4 years and paid every bill on time, but every month we get the same ultimatum.

I suppose being a monopoly they can be as nasty as they like with no consequences.

It reminds me of the old Lily Tomlin SNL phone operator routine:

Quote:
Ernestine: A gracious hello. Here at the Phone Company, we handle eighty-four billion calls a year. Serving everyone from presidents and kings to the scum of the earth. So, we realize that, every so often, you can't get an operator, or for no apparent reason your phone goes out of order, or perhaps you get charged for a call you didn't make. We don't care!

Watch this... [ she hits buttons maniacally ] We just lost Peoria.

You see, this phone system consists of a multibillion-dollar matrix of space age technology that is so sophisticated -- [ she hits buttons with her elbows ] even we can't handle it. But that's your problem, isn't it? So, the next time you complain about your phone service, why don't you try using two Dixie cups with a string? We don't care. We don't have to. We're the Phone Company.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:07 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
I also find that message on the bill rather rude and insulting.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:20 PM

23 posts, read 39,397 times
Default That annoying message ...

When they switched to the new letter format last year, somebody decided it would save money to add that statement to the regular bills rather than send separate disconnect notices.

Obviously, they didn't bother to consult with their public relations people, because I haven't talked to a single person who doesn't think it's terribly insulting ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area