Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 11:13 AM

23,597 posts, read 70,412,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Gardening, cooking....geesh HB2HSV, to be an engineer you are quite the Suzy Homemaker Got any good cleaning tips to share?

I kid, I kid.....
Coffee spew. Dang it.

How do you show an engineer a good time?

Make a spreadsheet detailing the events and results of a night out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 11:18 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaster View Post
LCT, can you give me his number? I might be interested in this. I routinely purchase whole strips/ribeye from the local groceries but the pickin's have been slim lately. Although I did purchase a whole ribeye from Costco last weekend for $7.59/lb that I am extremely happy with. Strangely though they would not slice it for me. The butcher said it was a liability.

On another note.....here comes the seafood buffet.
Darden cuts Red Lobster loose in $2.1B sale - May. 16, 2014
Its Russ Durling, he owns Last Resort Guns. I usually go thru one of my friends who is actually on his co-op email list. I've never signed up for that as she always lets me know when the cow shares are ready. You could probably just call him at the range, he's there pretty much all the time. He can get you on the email he sends out for sign ups. You have to go to his farm in Toney the day the cow comes in to "split it up" but actually, its usually a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. He's a good guy.

Home | Last Resort Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post

It's the cave man instinct of hunting & gathering...
And sauteing and flambeing, obviously

Old 05-16-2014, 01:12 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Quote:
Its Russ Durling, he owns Last Resort Guns. I usually go thru one of my friends who is actually on his co-op email list. I've never signed up for that as she always lets me know when the cow shares are ready. You could probably just call him at the range, he's there pretty much all the time. He can get you on the email he sends out for sign ups. You have to go to his farm in Toney the day the cow comes in to "split it up" but actually, its usually a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. He's a good guy.

Home | Last Resort Guns

And sauteing and flambeing, obviously

I sure hope he is cheaper with meat pricing than guns..... a friend and I walked in there recently and everything was at minimum 30% higher than everywhere else.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,028 times
Garden Cove. At Meridian & Pratt. 7th Day Adventist so closed Saturday. Lots of vegetarian stuff.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:34 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Quote:
Southlander, is Holoway's the Amish butcher in the area? I've heard there is one in that area and that the meat is excellent, I have just not been able to get a name.
No, I think they're Baptist or Church of Christ or something LOL!
There are a few Mennonite families in the Danville area (not Virginia, Alabama). There's a restaurant in Danville that I hear is really good, and a bakery in Falkville. Maybe they're hiding the "Amish Butcher." Sounds like a good title for a horror film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Good Lord woman! You've been "deprived" of one of great joys in life! Open your mind & your mouth and venture beyond the 4-legged creature meat!
At this age, I've had plenty of opportunity to "open my mouth" and have tried a variety of seafood. Glad you like it. For me.......NO, THANK YOU.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:54 AM

I'm excited because we leave for Panama City Beach next Friday. A whole 9 days of eating seafood! And I'll eat it at least twice a day all 9 days. Sorry, but I really AM excited about it.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:33 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
No, I think they're Baptist or Church of Christ or something LOL!
There are a few Mennonite families in the Danville area (not Virginia, Alabama). There's a restaurant in Danville that I hear is really good, and a bakery in Falkville. Maybe they're hiding the "Amish Butcher." Sounds like a good title for a horror film.

At this age, I've had plenty of opportunity to "open my mouth" and have tried a variety of seafood. Glad you like it. For me.......NO, THANK YOU.
There is one somewhere that is supposed to be really popular. I sold a house in Hartselle a couple of years ago, and the sellers were Menonites and they were telling us about an Amish butcher around Decatur that had excellent meat.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:08 PM

33 posts, read 39,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
I'm excited because we leave for Panama City Beach next Friday. A whole 9 days of eating seafood! And I'll eat it at least twice a day all 9 days. Sorry, but I really AM excited about it.
Hey there! I will be heading down that way in a few days myself. I am totally STOKED about a full week of fishing and eating the spoils!

Old 05-29-2014, 11:09 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDI Expert View Post
Hey there! I will be heading down that way in a few days myself. I am totally STOKED about a full week of fishing and eating the spoils!
Good. Wonderful. Eat away and enjoy every bite! You can even have my share!
I'll put an inquiry about "the Amish butcher" on my Facebook page and see what people say.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Good. Wonderful. Eat away and enjoy every bite! You can even have my share!
I'll put an inquiry about "the Amish butcher" on my Facebook page and see what people say.

I'll do my best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area