Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 11:00 AM

614 posts, read 766,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Even your doctors and dentists? That's going a little far! Wow. Why so threatened by a male being close to you in a professional setting? Sounds like you have some issues.

Not theatened on the doctors. Just the simple fact that I think women are smarter, and they care more. Man doctors just seem to brush you off, but a lady doctor will take the time to talk to you. That's all. I always try to get the best, and women doctors are the best (IMO).

Old 11-17-2014, 11:07 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishin2000 View Post
Not theatened on the doctors. Just the simple fact that I think women are smarter, and they care more. Man doctors just seem to brush you off, but a lady doctor will take the time to talk to you. That's all. I always try to get the best, and women doctors are the best (IMO).
What about hairdressers? Do you assume a male hairdresser is gay? And if he is, so what. I've had equal shares of women, straight men and gay men for hairdressers over the years and hands down the best ones were gay. I happen to go to a woman now because I was referred to her and I like her a lot, and once I find someone I like I don't like the drama of changing. And she is the closest a female has ever come to being as good as a gay male, as far as stylists I've had. It all depends on the individual. I wouldn't rule out an entire group just because they were male or female or gay or straight. That's just silly, IMO. I mean...are people afraid the "gay" will rub off on them???

Old 11-17-2014, 11:36 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Quote:
What about hairdressers? Do you assume a male hairdresser is gay? And if he is, so what. I've had equal shares of women, straight men and gay men for hairdressers over the years and hands down the best ones were gay. I happen to go to a woman now because I was referred to her and I like her a lot, and once I find someone I like I don't like the drama of changing. And she is the closest a female has ever come to being as good as a gay male, as far as stylists I've had. It all depends on the individual. I wouldn't rule out an entire group just because they were male or female or gay or straight. That's just silly, IMO. I mean...are people afraid the "gay" will rub off on them???
"rub" is the key word here

Old 11-17-2014, 12:04 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Weird. I'm used to guys being accused of being homophobic for not wanting to be around gay men. I can't remember it ever being levied at a female before... let me get some popcorn ready.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Weird. I'm used to guys being accused of being homophobic for not wanting to be around gay men. I can't remember it ever being levied at a female before... let me get some popcorn ready.
Huh? I'm a female. And I'm straight, married and mother to 3 children.

I just don't understand men being so homophobic. And the ones who protest the loudest....well, you know how that saying goes.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:18 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
"And the ones who protest the loudest....well, you know how that saying goes."

Does the saying go that slurring straight people for their preferences is bad form?

Old 11-17-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Huh? I'm a female. And I'm straight, married and mother to 3 children.

I just don't understand men being so homophobic. And the ones who protest the loudest....well, you know how that saying goes.
It is not your preference that is being critiqued, is it?

Old 11-17-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
It is not your preference that is being critiqued, is it?
No, it isn't.
I don't get it.

Whatever...I didn't mean for this to devolve into this sort of discussion. Sorry.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
There are a few men who work at the cosmetic counters and they obviously wear make-up. Would that make you turn around & walk out too?

Some people just can't be pleased. Oh well.
Quote:
Sounds like you have some issues.
Quote:
That's just silly, IMO. I mean...are people afraid the "gay" will rub off on them???
Quote:
I didn't mean for this to devolve into this sort of discussion. Sorry.
Riiiight, how did it ever even come up...

Old 11-17-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Riiiight, how did it ever even come up...
You left out the quotes from everyone else related to this subject matter.

Whatever.

Aren't you from Birmingham? Why are you hanging out & commenting on the HSV board anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area