Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 02:26 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
You left out the quotes from everyone else related to this subject matter.

Whatever.

Aren't you from Birmingham? Why are you hanging out & commenting on the HSV board anyway?
Yeah, people were talking about loud music until you mentioned gay guys working the cosmetics counter.

You don't get to ask me questions about where I can post, sport.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:32 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,302,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Yeah, people were talking about loud music until you mentioned gay guys working the cosmetics counter.

You don't get to ask me questions about where I can post, sport.
Yeah, because I figured if loud music from the cosmetics dept was such an issue for someone, then Lord have mercy, what on Earth would they think of MEN working at the makeup counters!!! (Gasps....clutches pearls)

Old 11-17-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah, because I figured if loud music from the cosmetics dept was such an issue for someone, then Lord have mercy, what on Earth would they think of MEN working at the makeup counters!!! (Gasps....clutches pearls)
Well ok then, because of you - whenever I hear inappropriately loud music at a place I don't expect it - I'll logically think of gay men.

Makes perfect sense.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Well ok then, because of you - whenever I hear inappropriately loud music at a place I don't expect it - I'll logically think of gay men.

Makes perfect sense.
Have you even been to the new Belk?????? The MAC counter is the source of (most of) the loud music AND it happens to have a male employee. He waited on me the last time I was there. The Benefit counter also has a male who works there.

My point was, if someone was so put off by something as benign as what they perceive to be "loud" music, then what would they think of the MEN who work at the cosmetic counters?

That is the connection.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:57 PM

and I said MEN who work at the cosmetics counters. Not gay men. You added that.

ps when I said Benefit counter, I'm speaking of the Benefit brand of cosmetics. Didn't want you to think I was talking about the Belk cardholder benefits counter and wonder how I made THAT leap.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Have you even been to the new Belk?????? The MAC counter is the source of (most of) the loud music AND it happens to have a male employee. He waited on me the last time I was there. The Benefit counter also has a male who works there.

My point was, if someone was so put off by something as benign as what they perceive to be "loud" music, then what would they think of the MEN who work at the cosmetic counters?

That is the connection.
It doesn't matter where the music is coming from. The point people have been makig is that it fills up the whole first floor and is a big turn off for some shoppers. Some people aren't going to take the time to find the source of the music so they can say, "oh, that's the MAC counter." before they get turned off on the environment of the store in general.

Quote:
and I said MEN who work at the cosmetics counters. Not gay men. You added that.

ps when I said Benefit counter, I'm speaking of the Benefit brand of cosmetics. Didn't want you to think I was talking about the Belk cardholder benefits counter and wonder how I made THAT leap.
No. You were the first one to mention gays in your post about gay "rubbing off on people." I don't know any straight men who wear makeup and work at makeup counters - sorry.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:15 PM

[quote=Tourian;37311559]It doesn't matter where the music is coming from. The point people have been makig is that it fills up the whole first floor and is a big turn off for some shoppers. Some people aren't going to take the time to find the source of the music so they can say, "oh, that's the MAC counter." before they get turned off on the environment of the store in general.

I haven't noticed it filling up the entire first floor any time I've been there. And I've been shopping there several times since it opened. And I have a pretty keen sense of hearing.

What did YOU notice?

Oh that's right, nothing. Because you haven't been there.

Dude, Bye!

Old 11-17-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
What did YOU notice?

Oh that's right, nothing. Because you haven't been there.

Dude, Bye!
You don't understand how discussion forums work, do you? That's cute.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:30 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
Three commenters including me mentioned the music. IMO that indicates a problem that Belk should be aware of and address.

Tourian is a long-time member of C-D. While I don't always agree with his/her posts, I always read them with interest and welcome his comments.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:41 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
This thread is now closed pending Moderator review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area