Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 10:31 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times

Advertisements

Cracker Barrel does do take-out and has packages. You could pick up on Christmas Eve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 10:18 AM

1,645 posts, read 3,096,494 times
Chinese place in Whole Foods shopping center on Airport.. Ding How II usually opens at 3. That's our Go To Christmas Story place.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:50 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Chinese place in Whole Foods shopping center on Airport...
Whole Foods shopping center???? Why would it be called that?

Old 12-18-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Whole Foods shopping center???? Why would it be called that?
Because I don't remember if it is a Whole Foods or Fresh Market. I only go there once a year

Old 12-18-2014, 11:57 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,279,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Here is what Dinner by Design has posted on their Facebook and their website for Christmas dinner.

https://dinnerbydesignkitchen.com/menus.aspx (hit the drop down on the right and choose Holiday Menu)

https://www.facebook.com/dinnerbydes...type=1&theater

I utilize Dinner by Design a TON with how busy I get. The food is awesome, I highly recommend it. Makes my life super easy

You might check the Marriott as well.
I ended up at DD, got the dressing, ordered two chickens from Publix. Will pick up Late Christmas Eve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
This line along is worth the price of admission.
haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
The only thing about ordering food for your home tho... will your kitchen be up to the task of clean up?

I searched last Christmas for someplace open (a little more local to me) on Christmas....I wanted something a little more homey like Cracker Barrel or something (for earlier in the day before the whole family got together). I had no luck. But you have more options available I'm sure.
Very good point, I have a kitchen ready for cooking, but NOT clean up. No cabinets or counter tops means no sink. Currently using the laundry room sink, but not suitable for dishes.

Thanks for all the helps folks!

Old 12-19-2014, 02:22 PM

230 posts, read 388,227 times
If anyone is looking for something casual, I believe City Diner next to the Cracker Barrel on Drake is open 365 days a year.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:20 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Because I don't remember if it is a Whole Foods or Fresh Market. I only go there once a year
Sorry, it wasn't an attack - I thought maybe it was an inside joke or something. You know how we are in this particular forum - half of us don't understand what the other half are talking about sometimes.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:24 PM

Didn't think it was an attack, I just don't remember till I need to turn left

Old 12-20-2014, 11:54 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,279,085 times
Haha, yes, I went to Ding How II a few years ago.

Eh.

Went to Great Panda, only to find them closed.

Stopped a Viet Huong, ran into an old friend, started a Christmas Eve tradition! Sadly last year without warning they were closed, killed the tradition.

Will try and revive it this year.

But I got two chickens from Publix, it's only 4 of us, and Aubrey and Mom eat very little, just my brother and I eating mostly.

Should be a good time.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:03 PM

When we lived in CT, we had this amazing Chinese place, Green Tea. We have dreams about it, and that is where the tradition started. Tai Pan would be an excellent option, but Ding How II will have to do... very poetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: