Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 05:50 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,299 times

Advertisements

I can jokingly add to this...any cop in his right mind wouldn't grab me, he'd be too busy holding his ears to stop hearing my profanity laden diatribe...in more than a few different languages
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 09:08 AM

401 posts, read 287,448 times
Part of Parkers defense is his claim that Grandpa reached into his pocket, so, if Grandpa had a card Parker might have slammed him into the ground sooner. Take his badge and his ability to ever hold a law enforcement job in the USA, and let him pay 10% of his income to Grandpa for the rest of his life, the city of Madison can pay all Grandpas med bills, and be done with it.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:32 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times
You know, all this business about "he put his hands in his pockets"......well, if he HAD been carrying his ID with him, where do you think it would be? More than likely in one of his pockets! So that "defense" doesn't hold water either. He could have been reaching for his ID, but Parker would have thought he was reaching for a weapon and still slammed him to the ground (or worse).

So I guess visiting foreigners should be required to wear their ID in a lanyard around their necks at all times. (insert eye roll)

Old 10-28-2015, 09:47 AM

Foreigners should have to wear orange jump suits,with their ID embroidered on the breast pocket, so the cops know who they're dealing with.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:13 AM

776 posts, read 745,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2517 View Post
I'm a foreign national and I do NOT carry my Green Card/passprt when I take out the garbage...or go swimming at our local, 1/2 mile down the road, pool -
You are required by law just the same as I'm required by law to have my DL with me going 1/2 mile down the road in a motor vehicle. Do you think you are above certain laws applying to you?

Old 10-28-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Foreigners should have to wear orange jump suits,with their ID embroidered on the breast pocket, so the cops know who they're dealing with.
Or they can just comply with the laws they agreed to follow when they signed up to come here.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
You know, all this business about "he put his hands in his pockets"......well, if he HAD been carrying his ID with him, where do you think it would be? More than likely in one of his pockets! So that "defense" doesn't hold water either. He could have been reaching for his ID, but Parker would have thought he was reaching for a weapon and still slammed him to the ground (or worse).

So I guess visiting foreigners should be required to wear their ID in a lanyard around their necks at all times. (insert eye roll)
First off he didn't have it with him. One possible explanation is that he thought he had it with him. Looking at it from the officers perspective here is a man reaching into his back pocket. That officer doesn't know if he's reaching for a wallet or weapon. It's the very same reason when you get pulled over you don't reach for anything or make sudden movements unless instructed by the officer to retrieve something. The cop has the legal right to use necessary force.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2517 View Post
nor would any of my highly diversified neighbors call about a "suspicious looking colored man/woman meandering around" either
Right BTW why do you insist making a racial issue out of this? First off we don't know what he was really doing that prompted the call. Mr. Patel had only been here a few days. It's plausible that nobody would have known he actually was living with his family in the neighborhood. According to what I gathered from the 911 call this was behavior that was seen before the day of the call. There is a big difference between someone appearing to be going somewhere vs. just wandering around. We see people jogging and walking in my neighborhood all the time. Some we have never seen before. I don't think twice about it. However if we see someone just kind of wandering around with no real purpose that is suspicious and it usually gets called into the Sheriff. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. We had and instance once where a person was walking around our neighborhood with a sweatshirt on a warm day with a crowbar tucked under his sleeve. I'm sure he was just out for his daily stroll. Nothing to see there.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:01 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverra View Post
First off he didn't have it with him. One possible explanation is that he thought he had it with him. Looking at it from the officers perspective here is a man reaching into his back pocket. That officer doesn't know if he's reaching for a wallet or weapon. It's the very same reason when you get pulled over you don't reach for anything or make sudden movements unless instructed by the officer to retrieve something. The cop has the legal right to use necessary force.
But they did frisk him. So they should know if he has any weapons on him.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverra View Post
Or they can just comply with the laws they agreed to follow when they signed up to come here.
As pointed out already, Parker claims he took him down in part for reaching into a pocket, having the card would not have prevented the attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area