Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 07:38 PM

414 posts, read 400,280 times

Advertisements

Agreed. The new logo does not serve RFCU well. A logo should not have to be interpreted. The target group should be able to look at it and get the message. Only today from your discussion did I recognize the R. Lol! I filled out a survey for them (they wanted feedback) but they evidently ignored my feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 05:18 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,264,726 times
I personally think they should focus more on security to protect their customer's accounts than that ugly new logo.

My credit card had to be replaced 3 times last year, my husband's twice. We have never had an issue with our other checking/savings accounts or any credit cards associated with them at the two other banks we use so for me this is a Redstone issue.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:33 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,838,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
I personally think they should focus more on security to protect their customer's accounts than that ugly new logo.

My credit card had to be replaced 3 times last year, my husband's twice. We have never had an issue with our other checking/savings accounts or any credit cards associated with them at the two other banks we use so for me this is a Redstone issue.
Same here. I thought maybe it was because I buy a lot online but maybe that isn't the case. Maybe it is a redstone issue. My credit card info with them gets compromised about every 3 months. It is like it is being taken and used on a schedule. I wouldn't doubt that someone hacked their database a couple of years ago and has continuous access. It is absurd that my card gets shut down by the fraud department so frequently. It has happened when I was out of town on vacation twice and really pissed me off.

Maybe the money would be better spent on upgrading security rather than paying kids with crayons to design new ugly signs and logos. I can't help myself I have to say it again.....The damn sign should be ROYAL BLUE! lol

Old 05-04-2017, 08:23 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,264,726 times
All I know is I have three checking accounts with three different cards and I use them all frequently...online, gas stations, etc. My Redstone card is the ONLY one that has ever been compromised. I've stopped keeping a lot of money in my RFCU accounts and I'm considering closing them completely if it happens again.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:47 AM

53 posts, read 54,787 times
It's childlike and unprofessional. I really dislike it, and I wonder how in the world it got through all the levels of management to end up approved.

That kind of organizational change couldn't have been cheap. All the signs and papers and cards and ...

I'm betting it was some higher-up's spouse or kid that started this. At least I hope professionals weren't involved.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:35 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
Check out Colorado's logo (state flag) ...

News Release: The Colorado Tourism Office Takes Home Adrian Award for

Old 05-04-2017, 01:40 PM

640 posts, read 697,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
They should sue.

Reminds me of the 70s when NBC spent a huge amount of money for a new logo, and got sued by the Nebraska Educational TV Network.

By Ken Levine: One of NBC's great blunders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo_of_NBC

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area