Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 03:48 PM

13,082 posts, read 9,616,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
I am tired of everything being space-related, too (Rocket City, Stars, blah blah blah). However, the Havoc is a cool name.
Yeah, it doesn't have to be space-related. Maybe some alliteration with the name (kinda like your screen name) ... as long as it's not cutesy. If we were in Mass we could be the MadisonMinutemen ....

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the North Alabama Somethingortheother though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 04:49 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,102,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Same thing will most likely happen if they move to Madison. If nothing else, if will be interesting to watch it all unfold and the Madison residents get left holding the bag on a stadium.

I read all these excuses for why the Huntsville Stars were not profitable and the number one reason people throw out there is "because the stadium was in poor shape." I find that to be a pretty poor excuse because I have been to some pretty ****ty stadiums over the years that were packed. If the community likes the sport and team, they will show up. Recently I was in Nashville and went to a Titans game and Nissan stadium and during the all the tv breaks and bs that they do in between plays, I was looking around noticing that stadium is pretty nasty and junky. It is seriously nothing to brag about but yet it was busy with a lot of fans for both teams. So I don't buy the whole "The Huntsville Stars didn't survive because of the stadium" argument.
Hard to compare NFL vs MiLB.

How about the old Nashville Sounds at Greer vs their new stadium? How do the attendance numbers compare?

How about the Barons' move to the new stadium?

Those are comparable.

Having worked in sports for 20+ years, a new venue does help. Almost always does, there are a few instances when it doesn't help - but 98% of the time, attendance goes up.

If Town Madison is what we expect it to be, this could be a very nice experience.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:51 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,102,439 times
As for names... the worst is my own New Orleans Baby Cakes. It isn't even a real thing.

if I could start a new soccer team in town, I'd go with North Alabama Arsenal ...

baseball

Depends if they go with Madison or Huntsville, but I agree no more space references. Grill Masters...

Old 11-14-2017, 12:59 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,912,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Let's hope they change the name of the team, and I'm sure they will. And stay away from the cutesy names like Biscuits, etc.
The "Madison Money Pit" has a nice ring to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area