Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 06:00 PM

3,263 posts, read 3,781,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post

I have never been (looked at the menu ONCE... took a pass... steep prices and limited offerings).

So you looked at the menu and you thought The Cheesecake Factory had limited offerings? Are you sure you have looked at a menu from the place we are talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 05:06 AM

271 posts, read 294,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I have never been (looked at the menu ONCE... took a pass... steep prices and limited offerings). And a huge waiting LINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
So you looked at the menu and you thought The Cheesecake Factory had limited offerings? Are you sure you have looked at a menu from the place we are talking about?
How did StealthRabbit's comment go unnoticed for so long?! He's is clearly mistaken LOL. Cheesecake Factory prices are NOT steep and their menu is oversized...it literally has TOO many options!

Old 01-09-2019, 05:20 AM

611 posts, read 532,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teko03 View Post
How did StealthRabbit's comment go unnoticed for so long?! He's is clearly mistaken LOL. Cheesecake Factory prices are NOT steep and their menu is oversized...it literally has TOO many options!
I mentioned it in post number 25.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:15 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,850,024 times
Their menu is in fact too big. Way too much going on. Typically that ends up causing restaurants to fail because it either takes them too long to prepare so many different items due to lack of efficiency or they have to have way too many employees in the kitchen and too large of a kitchen so the overhead is too high. Especially so since they have to locate in tourist areas and busy shopping centers with high rent. I would imagine that is the reason why they only locate in areas where they know they will have high volume. It requires a high volume to overcome their high overhead.

As for their prices, their food is basically Applebees/Chili's/Ruby Tuesday type of mediocre chain food. Their prices are a little higher than those places the best I remember but the food is about the same. So while not the prices are not steep, they are a little more for the type of quality you get.

Old 01-09-2019, 01:42 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,213,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teko03 View Post
Over 250 of them! Sorry, but I don't care to read a novel when I go out to eat in order to find what I want to order.

Old 01-09-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Their menu is in fact too big. Way too much going on. Typically that ends up causing restaurants to fail because it either takes them too long to prepare so many different items due to lack of efficiency or they have to have way too many employees in the kitchen and too large of a kitchen so the overhead is too high. Especially so since they have to locate in tourist areas and busy shopping centers with high rent. I would imagine that is the reason why they only locate in areas where they know they will have high volume. It requires a high volume to overcome their high overhead.

As for their prices, their food is basically Applebees/Chili's/Ruby Tuesday type of mediocre chain food. Their prices are a little higher than those places the best I remember but the food is about the same. So while not the prices are not steep, they are a little more for the type of quality you get.
Which in turn means a longer wait to be seated and get food. Sounds like a great time! Maybe I'm getting crankier as I get older, but sitting around for an hour or two waiting to get a table and be fed isn't my idea of an relaxing evening out.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:12 PM

9,693 posts, read 9,435,849 times
First, the Cheesecake Factory is way overrated. Second, Chattanooga is not all of that either, and this is from a Tennessee native with family in the city. Do not let Ms. Chattanooga fool you with the tourism ads and boutiques downtown. Chattanooga is still Chattanooga. It has higher crime and run down areas than Huntsville. Huntsville looks and feels like a larger city. Chattanooga has no Apple Store, no Chipotle, open air shopping center, no Providence, no Hampton Coves, or international airport. Huntsville is growing faster in economic and population growth. Chattanooga may have a larger metro, but it is weak. Chattanooga has no upscale suburbs like Madison or South East Huntsville. Although I don't dislike Chattanooga, Huntsville is a nicer city in many ways.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:06 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,028,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Yay, another sub-par chain restaurant. I've never understood the allure of TCF. I will say that Chattanooga's restaurant scene in general absolutely kills the dining options here in HSV.
Ditto

Old 01-13-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
First, the Cheesecake Factory is way overrated. Second, Chattanooga is not all of that either, and this is from a Tennessee native with family in the city. Do not let Ms. Chattanooga fool you with the tourism ads and boutiques downtown. Chattanooga is still Chattanooga. It has higher crime and run down areas than Huntsville. Huntsville looks and feels like a larger city. Chattanooga has no Apple Store, no Chipotle, open air shopping center, no Providence, no Hampton Coves, or international airport. Huntsville is growing faster in economic and population growth. Chattanooga may have a larger metro, but it is weak. Chattanooga has no upscale suburbs like Madison or South East Huntsville. Although I don't dislike Chattanooga, Huntsville is a nicer city in many ways.
I lived in Chattanooga for 5 years and no offense, but you're talking crazy.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:26 PM

9,693 posts, read 9,435,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
I lived in Chattanooga for 5 years and no offense, but you're talking crazy.
No I'm not, and my family has been there for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area