Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 07:07 PM

13,066 posts, read 9,592,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwings View Post
perhaps this is because many of us recognize that the reports of cases going up are being reported by agencies we no longer trust due to their history of lying to the american public. fauci said you dont need a mask. then said you do. you might check out someone who knows him well in the medical community if you want another viewpoint = judy mikovits. she worked on the aids vaccine with him. as soon as she revealed info about drugs being withheld from kids and adults which actually work, they arrested her illegally without a warrant. this should tell you something is fishy with the entire covid drama.
I'm beginning to trust Fauci less and less after he at first told us not to wear masks, knowing full well that they did indeed do a lot of good. All he had to do was tell the truth, and his reasons (not wanting the public to panic buy so medical personnel would have them) - but don't lie about it. I do believe that Covid-19 is very real though, although politics charges in and it's hard to know what to believe.

I'm basing my opinion on Spillers from Huntsville Hospital and the statistics he gives. He has no reason to do anything but tell the truth - in fact, he makes a lot more money when the hospital is utilized, yet he wants us to be safer by masking up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 07:10 PM

13,066 posts, read 9,592,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
none of that is in the constitution, i do not have a right to drive instead it's a privilege. Same with working, actually worker can't be punished by the government for not following safety regulations, only company can. Yes my body my choice and i will not give up my freedom of non-verbal expression.
You don't think OSHA has any teeth? Check again.

Wearing a mask in a public setting is a very simple thing to do. It's not a matter of rights, it's a matter of what's right. Don't spread diseases around when it's so simple not to.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:17 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,152,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
You don't think OSHA has any teeth? Check again.

Wearing a mask in a public setting is a very simple thing to do. It's not a matter of rights, it's a matter of what's right. Don't spread diseases around when it's so simple not to.
OSHA do not have any teeth against individual worker. OSHA has teeth against a company.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:23 PM

10,505 posts, read 7,071,028 times
Quote:
Your rights end at my nose and mouth

Why do people like you always talk about rights without knowing the history of public health in this country?

From the earliest days of the republic, local authorities have had very broad powers to quarantine individuals and areas, from the Yellow Fever epidemics to Typhoid Mary.

What's, your nose and your mouth spewing forth germs are very much the concern of others. You literally are propelling your germs out into the air that other people breath. If you are too narcissistic or self-centered to give a rip about the health of others, well too damned bad.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:33 PM

236 posts, read 196,388 times
Be a decent human, look out for others and wear a mask. It's not going to kill or harm you.

Medical professionals wear masks and plenty more for 12+ hrs, but some how wearing a mask for a few hours in public is going to kill you due to "CO2"..........[/quote]

And doctors DO faint and often need another surgeon to take over. Breathing toxic CO2 is very unhealthy for your immune system. If you cant understand this, I highly recommend you make an effort to learn the truth.

newstory ~ NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
When a driver told police in Lincoln Park he’d been wearing an N95 mask for too long and passed out, causing him to crash his SUV into a pole, the investigating officers believed him.
Like many people, the man said he wore the N95 mask to protect himself from the novel coronavirus.
“The driver, who was not severely injured, was the only person in car and passed out due to ‘insufficient oxygen intake/excessive carbon dioxide intake,’” police said.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:24 PM

100 posts, read 112,432 times
Quote:
none of that is in the constitution, i do not have a right to drive instead it's a privilege. Same with working, actually worker can't be punished by the government for not following safety regulations, only company can. Yes my body my choice and i will not give up my freedom of non-verbal expression.

Those things were not in the Constitution for a reason. The very things that require the use of seat belts, helmets, etc. didn't exist when the Constitution was written, therefore negating the need for them.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:47 PM

23,619 posts, read 70,547,084 times
Please report trolls, and don't bother to respond to them. Check to see the location of the person posting, the number of posts, the reputation points, where and what they have previously posted.

Now, more than ever, people need to protect themselves by ignoring and reporting liars and trolls and those who would promote self-destructive behaviors.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:57 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,599,169 times
Quote:
You are right. It is scary that some people are eager to give up constitutional rights so easily. It is even scarier that some people want to force or shame other people to give up their constitutional rights.

I suspect that many of the government mandates right now at all levels would not withstand constitutional scrutiny if challenged in court. This is true even in Alabama. I have not heard of any challenges so far. However, we have to remain vigilant and hope the government mandates are only temporary.

There is one way for the government to legally do this. All they have to do is declare martial law. That way they can temporarily suspend some of our constitutional rights. The only reason they have not done so is because people would really be upset about it. Besides martial law is not necessary when so many people are willing to give up their constitutional rights without objection.

I am not saying that people should not not wear masks or ignore health guidelines. What we should do for public health reasons is not the same as what they government can make us do.

Some countries are recovering from COVID-19 much faster because their governments are able to force their people what to do even wear masks. They have no constitutional protections like we do.

In the end what is right and what is legal is not always the same.

Last edited by MisterEd51; 06-29-2020 at 10:10 PM..

Old 06-30-2020, 05:19 AM

10,505 posts, read 7,071,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
You are right. It is scary that some people are eager to give up constitutional rights so easily. It is even scarier that some people want to force or shame other people to give up their constitutional rights.

I suspect that many of the government mandates right now at all levels would not withstand constitutional scrutiny if challenged in court. This is true even in Alabama. I have not heard of any challenges so far. However, we have to remain vigilant and hope the government mandates are only temporary.

There is one way for the government to legally do this. All they have to do is declare martial law. That way they can temporarily suspend some of our constitutional rights. The only reason they have not done so is because people would really be upset about it. Besides martial law is not necessary when so many people are willing to give up their constitutional rights without objection.

I am not saying that people should not not wear masks or ignore health guidelines. What we should do for public health reasons is not the same as what they government can make us do.

Some countries are recovering from COVID-19 much faster because their governments are able to force their people what to do even wear masks. They have no constitutional protections like we do.

In the end what is right and what is legal is not always the same.

You obviously don't know the legal history behind quelling disease outbreaks in this country.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:14 AM

957 posts, read 747,371 times
Im not wearing a damn mask anywhere. If you are so scared then stay home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area